Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rip Old Melees

azour

You shall be forgotten and thrown in the sea of sorrow where you will painfully drown in the shadow of each new weapon forged by the hand of the perfectionist.

To you little dagger,isnt your simplicity proof of your greatness?

To you longsword,to your glorious and swift blade that could cut the sky in half,one cloud at a time.

May you find love in the hands of those who will still look at your face.

Don't see how.  Charge damage is half that of the Galatine.

Unless you're implying that people use heavy weapons to just swing around normally, which is dumb.

Orthos Prime = (200*(1.0/(0.5+(1.0/1.3))))=157.5758

Galatine = (400*(1.0/(1.7+(1.0/1.4))))=165.6804

The Galatine is barely better than the OPrime for charged spam (with a shorter range), and the OPrime completely demolishes it in regular-spam (again with better range).

Edited by GottFaust

Don't see how.  Charge damage is half that of the Galatine.

Unless you're implying that people use heavy weapons to just swing around normally, which is dumb.

There's a bunch of math formulas being thrown around in another thread in an attempt to prove how better the Orthos Prime is to the Galatine.

Way I see it, Galatine is cheaper, easier to get, and performs just as well or better.  No reason to waste time getting an Orthos Prime.

There's a bunch of math formulas being thrown around in another thread in an attempt to prove how better the Orthos Prime is to the Galatine.

Way I see it, Galatine is cheaper, easier to get, and performs just as well or better.  No reason to waste time getting an Orthos Prime.

Yeah, and all those formula's are taking into the assumption of the literal attack speed without considering animations.  Screw the math, this is actually really simple.

DPS of any gun will beat out melee weapons because they can actually sustain DPS.  With heavy weapons it's all about that first punch; Galatine wins this by a long shot.

Orthos Prime = (200*(1.0/(0.5+(1.0/1.3))))=157.5758

Galatine = (400*(1.0/(1.7+(1.0/1.4))))=165.6804

The Galatine is barely better than the OPrime for charged spam (with a shorter range), and the OPrime completely demolishes it in regular-spam (again with better range).

how abt when we compare max charge damage per swing?

Many times you need something dead in the FIRST swing, and you have enough time to charge up before it reaches you or vice versa. If Galatine has 2x the first strike stopping power, that's a metric that sustained DPS can't touch.

Yeah, and all those formula's are taking into the assumption of the literal attack speed without considering animations.  Screw the math, this is actually really simple.

DPS of any gun will beat out melee weapons because they can actually sustain DPS.  With heavy weapons it's all about that first punch; Galatine wins this by a long shot.

Mine factors the swing animations as well.

People are trying too hard to overcomplicate this.

Yup, "screw the math, I want to believe that my Braton MK1 has the highest DPS in the game." By all means, use what you want to use and don't let anyone tell you otherwise for any reason. Personally: I love this new greatsword, but the math doesn't lie.

Yup, "screw the math, I want to believe that my Braton MK1 has the highest DPS in the game." By all means, use what you want to use and don't let anyone tell you otherwise for any reason. Personally: I love this new greatsword, but the math doesn't lie.

Making an irrelevant analogy doesn't prove anything, it just makes you look like an idiot.

Putting DPS and heavy melee in the same sentence is $&*&*#(%&.

Edited by ValiantCorvus

You shall be forgotten and thrown in the sea of sorrow where you will painfully drown in the shadow of each new weapon forged by the hand of the perfectionist.

To you longsword,to your glorious and swift blade that could cut the sky in half,one cloud at a time.

I've been using the glaive since it was first released, I don't think I'll be getting rid of it for a while(I'm eyeing that whip DE is working on been wanting a whip FOREVER). So to me no, old melee weapons will be sticking around...but hey what do I know I'm just a crazy guy who plays for fun instead of having oped stats.

I've been using the glaive since it was first released, I don't think I'll be getting rid of it for a while(I'm eyeing that whip DE is working on been wanting a whip FOREVER). So to me no, old melee weapons will be sticking around...but hey what do I know I'm just a crazy guy who plays for fun instead of having oped stats.

High five for crazy.

That is true only for crazy min-maxers that throw away fun for sake of math formulas. Some of us pick melee basing on personal preferences.

Edited by xGryphus