Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make Stamina A Thing (Exhaustion)

Arlayn

exhaustion... Yes fix the stamina back the way it was but add tire... As in max stamina gives max melee damage, but just like in real life the more you swing the more tired you get, and the weaker the damage becomes. Running too long? When your stamina gets about the half way point your running slows down, and continues to slow as your stamina goes down to normal speed. Tired? Trying to block... NOPE... your Tenno's reflexes will slow down with dropping stamina allowing bullets through. Trying to wall run but stamina too low... Your Tenno will slow down greatly, then do a silly embarrassing animation where you flail off the wall...

If DE wants to make stamina a thing in the game then they should make having full stamina rewarding!

This would also break the fast pace of the game. The stamina system at it's core is broken, it needs to be entirely reworked. Stamina should be reserved for special actions, and those special actions should be worth the cost. I'm having a hard time believing my ninja warrior gets winded after 5 seconds of running.

As in max stamina gives max melee damage, but just like in real life the more you swing the more tired you get, and the weaker the damage becomes.

Most real life weapon and parkour techniques involve buillding momentum so that you become more effective the more you swing your sword or jump around. Trust me, you don't feel tired until you've paused for a moment, and it doesn't really slow you down much. That is until the next day, at which point your body will ache like the $&*^ens, but at least you had a satisfying day of pretending to be a ninja, right?

Gonna have to say no.  This sounds like it will just make the game feel slow and terrible like the U10 nerf.  If DE wants to make stamina a more active component in gameplay, check out my thread "A Suggestion on how to improve the dodge roll."

My suggestion... replace it with a Gundam F91/Megaman X Dash with after images left behind as we move... far more useful lol...

nope, u10 all over again.

U10 was make it less, this is make it back to what it was with a TON of stamina, if you regulate correctly you should never have this issue...

i want a dogde like DMC 3 or 4... sounds good?..

I want a after image dash... sounds better...

Most real life weapon and parkour techniques involve buillding momentum so that you become more effective the more you swing your sword or jump around. Trust me, you don't feel tired until you've paused for a moment, and it doesn't really slow you down much. That is until the next day, at which point your body will ache like the $&*^ens, but at least you had a satisfying day of pretending to be a ninja, right?

Have you taken a bat and swung it at a wall for a long time? Maybe hit a huge tv for a good long time... Gonna tell you... your going to lose momentum... maybe you should read umm I don't know about knights, samurais, and any other warrior who has ever wielded a sword... Guarantee you will read about how if they killed enough people with a sword they get tired out and eventually get killed because they tried to play hero and take on more enemies then their stamina would allot... Life isn't a big friggin Dynasty warrior game... I am sure as hell no one in real life was able to charge through a thousand dudes and beat everyone to death with a spear.... Eventually they get tired they let go of the spear... If your in the midst of a massive battlefield and your swinging your sword, swinging your sword, swinging you sword... your reflexes, and reaction time just go down the drain... go ahead and read up on your history on war... Its the reason when you read about successful armies of old you hear they stuck together like phalanx formation. There was no one man run ahead and try to take them all on at once... Because you would get tired...