Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Chance of Weapon Not Applied to Shots

EnvoyOne

I'm not sure if this is a UI or graphics bug, but I just completed a solo Adaro while only using this weapon (Daikyu + Riven @ 99.9% status chance) and only had a grand total of 5 status effects applied to enemies for the entire mission (150 enemies). https://twitter.com/Gemanite55/status/1192335288275623936?s=20

EDIT: Also, I don't seem to be able to upload any photos to your forums, or link to them on other websites like imgur, so I just made a tweet about it and linked to the image that way.

Edited by JaxMess

• 2 weeks later...

So, some weeks ago i discovered a strange bug that caused weapon to not cause guaranteed procs, despite being on 100% status chance. The bug has not been fixed yet, and is still a problem.

What's basically this bug?

For some reason, applying mods that increases the status chance by a certain amount (ex. the dual stats mod like High Voltage, Scattering Inferno, Pistol Pestilence and/or Vicious Frost, and multishot mods like Hell's Chamber) on weapons that can reach 100% status chance doesn't really seem to give them guaranteed procs. I have tested on some weapons that can reach 100% status chance like Staticor, Paracyst, Ogris, Caustacyst (with its recent 37% status chance buff), Redeemer Prime, Ferrox's alt-fire, Pathocyst, Glaive Prime, Glaxion Vandal, Mara Detron, Zarr and Phantasma, and neither of those weapons dealed guaranteed procs while their status chance was at 100%.

Why is this a problem?

The problem with this, is that the effects are useful to deal with enemies that are stronger. Imagine using a 100% Status chance weapon with Heat and Corrosive, and doing damage, while the procs appears sometimes. Imagine a Melee weapon that has 100% status chance and Viral/Radiation damage, and not dealing the procs you need. It's annoying. And considering that some weapons are designed to go on Status Chance, it's also a massive problem.

I really hope you will fix the problem as soon as possible.

well multishot doesn't really actually increase the increase the status per bullet, the reason it shows an increase is because it increase the bullets/pellets fired thus giving an overall higher chance of a status effect being proc'ed. In other words, 100% status chance with multishot isn't actually a 100% status per bullet/pellet, its just a 100% chance of a status being proc'ed when all the bullets/pellets hit an enemy.

On the melee side of things, I have noticed 100% status builds not proc-ing status a 100% of the time (I have only used either the lesion or the redeemer prime with 100% status builds), but I have only seen this being the case when the enemy is killed instantly/one-shotted. The reason for that I believe is probably because the enemy dies before the game can add an active status effect to it, other than that I haven't seen a 100% status melee not proc'ing status effects. 

I have tested this again today, with the same results. I managed to finish a mission without seeing any status procs.

On a related note, I have noticed that shotguns are also having tons of strange interactions with status procs.

For example I have a Tigris Prime with 100% status chance, before multi-shot, not applying any statuses, even if it's not a kill like mentioned above.

I just got a Kuva Drakgoon (which is what lead me back to this post) with a ~50% status chance either never applying a status, applying 100% status chance to every pellet, or not really behaving in a way that I can predict or understand for further testing. 

In short status effects and status chance has been behaving extremely erratically since the Old Blood update.  Not sure if this is related to the other bugs I've put in the forums, like projectiles passing through stuff and enemies even if there's no punch through on them of any kind. Good luck!

I concur. I did some tests just now because things felt weird earlier while making not-that-great Strun riven work for me. I pulled out one of my favorite status shotguns, the Strun Wraith... and it has a beefy base status of 40%. It's very easy to reach 100% status with this weapon. Most obviously, you can reach 100% status (before multishot) with just 3 60/60 mods. Even better, you can do it with 2 60/60 mods and Shotgun Savvy. You can also do it with 1 60/60 mod and Motus Setup or Nano Applicator.

3 60/60 mods: 0.4*(1 + 3*0.6) = 1.12
2 60/60 mods and Shotgun Savvy: 0.4*(1 + 2*0.6 + 0.3) = 1
1 60/60 mod and Motus Setup or Nano Applicator: 0.4*(1 + 0.6 + 1) = 1.04

First some problem pictures before builds!

Weird Gas/Cold Procs

Spoiler

IHYTRER.jpg

No gas proc icons on any pellet. Though gas is obviously still proc'd according to enemy's health bar! Also number of pellets seem less than 20. That is 10 pellets base with +120% multishot is at least 20 pellets.

Weird Slash/Viral Procs

NOTE: With help of -Impact riven

Spoiler

nspSaN2.jpg

Spoiler

g45yp7o.jpg

Spoiler

XMU1rc0.jpg

In both experiments, I tried very hard to F6 + Shoot at the same time to capture the proc icons on the pellets. I also tried to make sure there were no active DoT effects prior to the shots.

Gas/Cold Strun Wraith Build

Spoiler

5QEyDaW.jpg

Slash/Viral Strun Wraith Build

Spoiler

D5aefAP.jpg

Strun Riven

Spoiler

VKLi2O4.jpg