The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine Is Seriously Op

TacticalTree

My only issue with it is the low mastery Rank

Rank 3? for the most powerful Melee weapon in existance?   

now instead of everyone running around with the damn Orthos its gunna be the Gala....  ugh

indeed but this problem is gone with some time 

all players have personal style,and weapon

Why nerf the Galatine? I think all melee weapons ought to be like the Galatine - this is one kind of power creep I am personally very glad to have.

Think about it. Melee forces you to get close and and personal with mobs and heavies and bosses. It puts you directly in harm's way. For such a high risk strategy, there ought to be a very high return (in terms of damage output), which is part of the ninja aspect that DE wants the game to have anyway.

It doesn't make sense that you should be able to deal much higher damage from range. That makes melee obsolete. Now we have a melee weapon that is finally giving us a real reason to go toe-to-toe with the enemy, and there are calls for a nerf? Come on guys. It's not as if it's a plat-only weapon. It's not even as if there isn't even a Mastery prerequisite for the Galatine.

Yes, I have it, yes, I potatoed it. Yes, it's OP and I think it needs a nerf, because there is no reason to use any other melee at the moment.

Dammit, it's gonna get nerfed before I even use it? :(

That's everyone's reaction when Orthos first came out.. It gets better and better each time, doesn't it?

Edited by wkfire

I can't wait until they release a bow that does 1000 AP damage with a .5 fire rate.

"OMG THEY JUST MADE BOWS USABLE AGAIN. WHAT DO YOU MEAN NERF IT. IT'S NOT TOO STRONG, IT'S JUST POWERFUL. NERFING IT WOULD MEAN ALL BOWS ARE SUDDENLY USELESS."

"IT DOESN'T MAKE YOUR WEAPONS LESS POWERFUL DOES IT? IT DOESN'T INTERFERE WITH YOUR GAMEPLAY DOES IT? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO HATE ON IT SO MUCH?"

"BUT IT'S OKAY BECAUSE SOMA IS OP TOO! THIS TOTALLY MAKES IT OKAY! MY SOMA CAN DO MORE DAMAGE THAN THAT! DON'T NERF IT BECAUSE SOMA!"

Bows are already usable. They're hard-hitting, below-average speed and are used at range. Made for dealing high DPH at a medium fire rate.

Meanwhile, most swords force you to get in an enemy's face and don't deal enough damage for the risk.

Edited by AlchemistMute

dont be pysie ..

gram is still fast and universal weapon,and deadly 

it was intended to be ironic, mate. :D

I'm a fan of greatswords and i'm actually happy they threw in He-man's power sword, but it's quite obvious that once i max up and mod Galatine, my beloved Gram will be just a memento in my inventory (not that this bugs me this much ^^; )

I don't understand why people claim that this Galatine outclasses every other melee wep out there. Dual Ichor stand good in comparison, even if its a different kind of weapon. Note that I'm not stating Galatine is bad, actually, i'm asking you the reasons why you DO consider this sword to be the best one out of those mentioned in the thread. Cause.. might as well start using it lmfao.

What were you guys thinking? Did noone do the testing before releasing that?

1.It's cheap to make- 50k credits and some mats to make the best weap in the game is not too much, especially if you don't have to find the blueprints.

2. It's too fast- It's a giant sword, yet it swings pretty much at the same rate as longswords. Combine it with 35 normal attack damage and it renders normal longswords obsolete. Why would you choose a longsword if you can have Galatine?

3. Charge damage- 400 damage? TWICE as much as anything else? The charge time isn't even long enough to justify that. 

You can one-shot basically anything up to level 60 with fully modded Galatine. Shields or no shields. Except you don't have to sacrifice anything to do that, you have good attack speed, great charge damage, decent charge speed. 

Yes, I have it, yes, I potatoed it. Yes, it's OP and I think it needs a nerf, because there is no reason to use any other melee at the moment.

pls DE... increase the charging time by at least 2 to 3 times...

I care because maybe I like to have a choice. I'd love to use something else, but it would be sub-par and I would be just hurting myself by using it.

Also, it is a PvP game now that conclave was introduced.

Moronic argument again. You have the choice - use anything you want. There is no man with a gun pointing at your head and forcing you to use Galatine.

Why would you even think about nerfing a melee weapon. I never had that much fun in the game for a long time. Its a huge @(*()$ sword.O_o

You can play with any melee Weapon if you forma it. Guns are always safer and stronger, so why would you nerf a funny addition to the game?

The only thing they should change are the costs and mastery requirement. The sword is fine

Edited by FaceOfIntolerance