Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are we just supposed to trust that we're getting all our "stolen stuff back?

notlamprey

On 2019-11-13 at 9:38 AM, notlamprey said:

I'm honestly shocked that it wasn't the first thing to cross my mind when we started hearing about the idea of Liches "stealing" stuff. How on earth can we be sure our account manifest is being properly adjusted once we dispose of these Liches?

I ask because we are talking about a game and a company that have had some... let's call them transparency oopsie-daisies, dating all the way back to the days of Latron Prime's initial availability. 

We've been told that various apparent discrepancies are just UI bugs, and to submit a ticket, and any number of other things but... are we really not given any kind of system in the game itself that we can use to track the various things our Liches have swiped?

At the end of the day, the discussion itself is mostly redundant because ultimately we either trust DE or we don't. I just hadn't really seen much in the way of discussion on this question and I'm surprised that I haven't, because myself and the friends of mine who are engaging this Lich system a little more fervently are starting to encounter some weirdness in the way of missing and potentially "eaten" items. 

A sculpture here, a weapon blueprint there and it would all eventually add up to quite a pile if the game was somehow accidentally (or "not accidentally") just letting some of our stuff fall behind the metaphorical fridge.

DE's trustworthiness has taken enough hits in my mind that I would like to see some attempt to surface this little "stolen items" ledger for the players to see in game.

How can you be sure that you ever receive anything from your reward screen to your inventory at all?  Do you count and check every time?