Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine Op Y/n?

Dopey

If DE made every new weapon with near the same stats as the old weapon just to keep the old ones valid, the game would get stale really fast.  Im glad to see new "OP" weaps and frames. It keeps things fresh.  They should make the older stuff easy to access for new players, which is pretty much the case.

Scott said Soma is working exactly how it was supposed to.

Good to know a weapon you can build out of common materials is supposed to completely outclass every prime weapon, every event weapon, and almost every clan weapon with only the Acrid and maybe the Synapse being on the same level. Edited by Grilleds

Good to know a weapon you can build out of common materials is supposed to completely outclass every prime weapon, every event weapon, and almost every clan weapon with only the Acrid and maybe the Synapse being on the same level.

It's good only if you have the mods for it. And he said he is going to up the mastery requirement. 

PS. Why do you hate fun?

It's good only if you have the mods for it. And he said he is going to up the mastery requirement. 

PS. Why do you hate fun?

Every weapon is only good if you have mods for it. A mastery requirement for it won't actually fix the fact that it outright replaces almost every other weapon in the game, including ones that are meant to be endgame weapons.

I wasn't aware having game breaking equipment is necessary for fun. We are beta testers, and I'm inputting my feedback on what I perceive as a balance issue. That is all I'm doing by pointing out how ridiculously OP the Soma is.

I wasn't aware having game breaking equipment is necessary for fun. We are beta testers, and I'm inputting my feedback on what I perceive as a balance issue. That is all I'm doing by pointing out how ridiculously OP the Soma is.

The only weapon in game that is in broken tier is acrid. It is AI damage and the 2nd or 1st(?) highest raw DPS in game. 

Soma is not OP on anything that has level 100+ NPC. Overpowered implies that it can trivialize something like a tier 3 defense and this is simply not true. This isn't a PVP game and using the word overpowered when comparing two weapons is meaningless, since it doesn't quantify if either met the requirements set fourth by the game.

If the game sets a requires of a 3: Out of two weapons one is a 2 and the other is a 3 it doesn't mean the 3 is overpowered, it means the 2 is worthless on it's own merits. There are numerous weapons(more than half) that are so far under the requirements to be useable above level 60.

Every weapon is only good if you have mods for it. A mastery requirement for it won't actually fix the fact that it outright replaces almost every other weapon in the game, including ones that are meant to be endgame weapons.

Dude, DE has actually said that they want weapon tiers. It means there will be weapons blatantly better than others. Soma is a high tier weapon and all it needs is upped mastery requirement. I would say around 6,7 or 8.

The only weapon in game that is in broken tier is acrid. It is AI damage and the 2nd or 1st(?) highest raw DPS in game. 

Soma is not OP on anything that has level 100+ NPC. Overpowered implies that it can trivialize something like a tier 3 defense and this is simply not true. This isn't a PVP game and using the word overpowered when comparing two weapons is meaningless, since it doesn't quantify if either met the requirements set fourth by the game.

If the game sets a requires of a 3: Out of two weapons one is a 2 and the other is a 3 it doesn't mean the 3 is overpowered, it means the 2 is worthless on it's own merits. There are numerous weapons(more than half) that are so far under the requirements to be useable above level 60.

Quick question, how many situations does the game require you to fight something over level 100? If you said "Only in rare alerts,T3 Defense and T3 Survival missions", you were correct, and even in those cases the maximum level enemy that the game ever expects you to face is only about level 130. Its so rare to fight something over level 100, that I think we can safely consider it an outlier in terms of game balance. Although the Soma still outperforms every other primary in that case anyway.

Dude, DE has actually said that they want weapon tiers. It means there will be weapons blatantly better than others. Soma is a high tier weapon and all it needs is upped mastery requirement. I would say around 6,7 or 8.

I didn't say anything contrary to the existence of weapon tiers so I don't see why you feel the need to bring that up in response to a post that already mentioned "endgame" weapons. The problem is that Soma outperforms even other high mastery requirement weapons like the Supra, Lanka, and Flux Rifle, and it doesn't require clan research or days of building clan components to make like other "high tier" weapons. Giving it a high mastery requirement without changing anything else is kind of ignoring the issue. Unless damage 2.0 comes with a lot of weapon rebalances, I'll still say Soma offers a bit too much power for something that requires very little effort to obtain. Edited by Grilleds

Although the Soma still outperforms every other primary in that case anyway.

this made me lol. other than your opinion, what proof do you have?  pretty sure i have other weapons with the same amount of form that my soma has that are better.

I didn't say anything contrary to the existence of weapon tiers so I don't see why you feel the need to bring that up in response to a post that already mentioned "endgame" weapons. The problem is that Soma outperforms even other high mastery requirement weapons like the Supra, Lanka, and Flux Rifle, and it doesn't require clan research or days of building clan components to make like other "high tier" weapons. Giving it a high mastery requirement without changing anything else is kind of ignoring the issue. Unless damage 2.0 comes with a lot of weapon rebalances, I'll still say Soma offers a bit too much power for something that requires very little effort to obtain.

I would say it's on par with those weapons you mentioned. Lanka is basically a one shot kill weapon, and it's best sniper. Supra scales with elemental mods really well and Flux Rifle deals serrated blade damage meaning it does same damage all the time and triple for light infested. 

this made me lol. other than your opinion, what proof do you have?  pretty sure i have other weapons with the same amount of form that my soma has that are better.

I would say it's on par with those weapons you mentioned. Lanka is basically a one shot kill weapon, and it's best sniper. Supra scales with elemental mods really well and Flux Rifle deals serrated blade damage meaning it does same damage all the time and triple for light infested.

In response to both of you:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/106752-will-soma-196k-dps-get-nerfed-or-supra-142k-dps-get-buffed/?p=1237348

Soma compared to Supra.

I can't find the thread that compares it to the Flux Rifle, but it found that the Soma scales enough AP to outdamage the Flux Rifle in armor ignoring damage alone, so when both weapons are fully modified, the Flux will only outperform the Soma against Light Infected.

As for the Lanka, I have it, and its overrated. The projectile is harder to aim (although not by much) than a hitscan weapon, and it requires a rather long charge making it awesome on paper, but impractical in most cases except against absurdly high level (125+) enemies where being able to one shot those enemies makes its charge time worth it. However there is very little ingame reason to fight enemies above level 130. So the Lanka's strength's only make up for its weaknesses in situations most players won't really face

In response to both of you:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/106752-will-soma-196k-dps-get-nerfed-or-supra-142k-dps-get-buffed/?p=1237348

Soma compared to Supra.

I can't find the thread that compares it to the Flux Rifle, but it found that the Soma scales enough AP to outdamage the Flux Rifle in armor ignoring damage alone, so when both weapons are fully modified, the Flux will only outperform the Soma against Light Infected.

As for the Lanka, I have it, and its overrated. The projectile is harder to aim (although not by much) than a hitscan weapon, and it requires a rather long charge making it awesome on paper, but impractical in most cases except against absurdly high level (125+) enemies where being able to one shot those enemies makes its charge time worth it. However there is very little ingame reason to fight enemies above level 130. So the Lanka's strength's only make up for its weaknesses in situations most players won't really face

Sup, here, both were my topics: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/112011-i-give-up-some-does-more-ap-dps-than-even-flux/

Soma is fine, don't you see rest of the weapons are there still to give you mastery so they still have purpose in this game! /s

But anyway if Soma is working as intented then some other weapons maybe should be reworked just a little bit.

Like Supra: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/110991-buff-supra-i-think-it-would-be-nice-do-you-think-it-would-be-nice-huh-dataz-inside/

Sup, here, both were my topics: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/112011-i-give-up-some-does-more-ap-dps-than-even-flux/

Soma is fine, don't you see rest of the weapons are there still to give you mastery so they still have purpose in this game! /s

But anyway if Soma is working as intented then some other weapons maybe should be reworked just a little bit.

Like Supra: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/110991-buff-supra-i-think-it-would-be-nice-do-you-think-it-would-be-nice-huh-dataz-inside/

Supra needs a rework or mastery rank drop, I see no reason it should be rank 4 let alone 7.

Before soma I was just using my Vandal snipetron as a placeholder while not using my shotguns. Why use flux rifle when the easier to get despair does a better job?

Edited by LazyKnight