The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game freezes

BeAR_KILLER-_-5

Also experiencing this. I got a new laptop, not expecting much as I told my parents to pick since our family is on a bit of a tight budget right now. To my surprise, I was able to run things like Fortuna, Orb Vallis, and Plains on low settings at a consistent 40-60 fps. I was catching up on content I hadn't had access to for years for hours yesterday, but today I'm getting these crashes.

I'm sure it has something to do with this HP Pavilion, while being a massive improvement over my old laptop, still not being up to par for games. The GPU is simply crappin the bed. But my issue is that I'm experiencing these crashes in normal missions too. I was farming on Vallis for hours yesterday, and now I can't even finish Clem's 10 minute mission for Nightwave. My old laptop, while it couldn't adequately run Vallis, would never experience crashes like these in the content it was able to run smoothly.

An update on my end, the crash, instead of leaving the game running, brings me to the Hardware Device Failure page. I'm chalking it up to the new laptop being only barely capable of running the game. Still odd to me how I can do Orb Vallis with no lab for hours but go into an instanced mission and crash in <10 mins. 

17 hours ago, Draymarc said:

An update on my end, the crash, instead of leaving the game running, brings me to the Hardware Device Failure page.

Yes, this is a small change to update 26.0.8.1 "Improved diagnostics for GPU-driver crashes (we now send you to the website for help)."
https://www.warframe.com/hardwarefail

My video shows how this happens, using switchable graphics, "HybridGraphics" enabled in motherboard settings, with monitors plugged into Vega 11 integrated graphics.

Unless you were disabling GPU in device manager like I did during this video, the cause of your problem is a mystery.

On 2019-11-20 at 12:18 PM, sam686 said:

Yes, this is a small change to update 26.0.8.1 "Improved diagnostics for GPU-driver crashes (we now send you to the website for help)."
https://www.warframe.com/hardwarefail

My video shows how this happens, using switchable graphics, "HybridGraphics" enabled in motherboard settings, with monitors plugged into Vega 11 integrated graphics.

Unless you were disabling GPU in device manager like I did during this video, the cause of your problem is a mystery.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm pretty sure it's a ram issue on my end. Unlike my older, far inferior laptop, this business notebook is an improvement in everything but the GPU, which is still integrated. So while it has more RAM than my old machine, it also uses more at base, to my understanding (not computer smart). Thus, it runs out of RAM and then the game shuts off. Tested with other games that are less optimized/more intensive than WF to confirm. Can run them fine, they just die on me. 

Sticking to my old laptop until I can get a RAM upgrade for this thing. Hopefully it'll help, but if not its still a welcome addition i guess.