Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bow feedback and request for them

Lazarow

I really like bows, but they are unpractical compared to guns and only good in spy missions. The problem is that they dont have anything special like arcanes or special mods that are good and worth a slot. My suggestion is to give bows special arcanes like kitguns and zaws have.

Arcane 1: When a headshot is landed launch 3/4/5/6 arrows coming from the target that form a circle with 3 punch thru with 3m radius and expand to 6m over 2 seconds. Explanantion: This works similar to Azimas disk throw that shoots nails but this makes the arrows launch from the target and spin around as if they are attached to the target with strings, like a windmill but the radius expands.

or just make it like Pax Seeker and find heads

Arcane 2: When an enemy is killed +10%/20%/30%/40% chance that arrow the continue its path and get +2 punch thru at +20/30/40/50 more flight speed

Arcane 3: Killing 3 enemies in 10 seconds gives the bow +50%/80%/110%/150% multishot for 5 seconds, 8 second cooldown after buff end

Why I think bows are not good:

Bows even tho are good on paper with nice critical chance and innate punch thru they are still flawed when compared to guns like Ignis or Rubico and lots of other guns. I founds bows usable in missions mostly solo reason being that noone is rushing you or can steal your kills, a good example is that whoever wants to play a bow has to aim and shoot while a person who uses catchmoon or arca plasmor just press and *poof* the target is dust. Im not saying bows are unusable in team play but they are much difficult to use and I feel deserve special perks to compensate for their current lacking in effective killing. Arcane 1 does provide some extra damage with those arrows, Arcane 2 can be helpful in some situations like hallways or hoards, Arcane 3 is a buff if one can score kills in the time frame giving extra dps and is essentially a free mod if a player can kill good enough.

Another thing I would like to say is that why does Paris Prime have an exilus - polarity, like why does it even have a polarity, the only mods I can fit are ammo mutation and holster speed, zoom is useless, hush us useless as the weapon is silenced already, the weapon does have any recoil. So why does it have a - polarity, it best be blank as only mods on there that could be usefull are ammo mutation and the projectile flight speed mod and using a forma so I can use the exilus then making the exilus and then formaring the exilus to be blank or V polarity is not at all worth it. There are very few exilus mods for weapons and yet giving them polarities is just unneeded as we are limited to only a few mods unless we are willing to spend more forma.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

I really like bows, but they are unpractical compared to guns

Yep, they need something (innately) special that sets them apart, like the combo counter does for Snipers.

Punchthrough and being silent was pretty special once upon a time,
but PT keeps popping up on weapons nowadays, and silence is of niche use, so ... eh.

24 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

only good in spy missions

I actually use silenced Snipers / AoE weapons for those 😄

25 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

give bows special arcanes like kitguns and zaws have

That could work, but I'd prefer to keep Weapon Arcanes a modular-weapon-only thing, TBH.

How about maybe a series of Bow-only Amalgam-type Mods, with (almost) the same effect as your standard Bow Mods
but then also additional effects like you'd find on weapon Arcanes? Similar outcome, but it'd keep the modular weapons "pure" 😛

30 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Another thing I would like to say is that why does Paris Prime have an exilus - polarity

I'll do you one better, Prisma Tetra has a V when its Exilus-compatible Augment, Kinetic Ricochet,
i.e. the only reason to use Tetra (and even then only for the lulz), has a - Polarity ... DE why.

(And FWIW, Vigilante Supplies can be neat on any Crit weapon thanks to the set bonus.)

34 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

There are very few exilus mods for weapons and yet giving them polarities is just unneeded

I mean, you can use those Mods outside the Exilus slot, so it'd be super weird / possibly build-breaking for them to not have Polarities.

(Mind, I wouldn't be against the Exilus slot, both on weapons and on Frames, having universal Polarity by default.)

• Like 1