The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To Clan Polarities?

Solaurus

I remember SteBRO talking about giving us clan polarities where the clan leader would be able to select a polarity and every member of the clan would receive a certain bonus that got stronger the more resources that the clan poured into it.

Edited by Solaurus

well, just because it's mentioned, doesn't mean it will be implemented right away. the grappling hook is the example.

That is true but these clan polarities where talked about a lot and seemed pretty serious. Grappling hooks were always a joke more or less.

I remember SteBRO talking about giving us clan polarities where the clan leader would be able to select a polarity and every member of the clan would receive a certain bonus that got stronger the more resources that the clan poured into it.

well, just because it's mentioned, doesn't mean it will be implemented right away. the grappling hook is the example.

Mmh, it still would be cool though......like the grappling hook for example.

Either people complain DE puts stuff out too fast without testing it, or people complain they don't do enough and should put stuff out faster. It would seem like a 'clan polarity' or similar bonus would be easy to add in, but maybe it isn't. I'm sure clan bonuses are not off the table, but Armor 2.0 is the big focus right now, and I have to believe that takes up most of the time of those at DE who work on coding and mechanics and such.

Basically what I'm trying to say is: Patience is a virtue.

Either people complain DE puts stuff out too fast without testing it, or people complain they don't do enough and should put stuff out faster. It would seem like a 'clan polarity' or similar bonus would be easy to add in, but maybe it isn't. I'm sure clan bonuses are not off the table, but Armor 2.0 is the big focus right now, and I have to believe that takes up most of the time of those at DE who work on coding and mechanics and such.

Basically what I'm trying to say is: Patience is a virtue.

I'm not rushing anything so your statement really has no meaning to me as I have always been patient. I'm only asking if it is still a work in progress or if DE forgot about.

Let me tell you of the mysterious carpet theory.

Every game dev has a carpet. This carpet embodies the future, the past, and the state of their game. Patch notes, ideas, updates and all manner of other mischief originate from this carpet.

Over the course of game development and updates, the carpet changes shape. It becomes warped, bulging and twisted. Suspicious growths start to appear, changing in size each time you take your eyes off them. There's no way to explain this.

It merely falls to one of the devs to appear around the carpet, dust off an edge or chase away a cockroach and stand there looking shifty trying to hide a massive broomstick behind them.

Edited by Crossflip

Let me tell you of the mysterious carpet theory.

Every game dev has a carpet. This carpet embodies the future, the past, and the state of their game. Patch notes, ideas, updates and all manner of other mischief originate from this carpet.

Over the course of game development and updates, the carpet changes shape. It becomes warped, bulging and twisted. Suspicious growths start to appear, changing in size each time you take your eyes off them. There's no way to explain this.

It merely falls to one of the devs to appear around the carpet, dust off an edge or chase away a cockroach and stand there looking shifty trying to hide a massive broomstick behind them.

Wise guy eh?

That is true but these clan polarities where talked about a lot and seemed pretty serious. Grappling hooks were always a joke more or less.

Not really a joke when they already have them partly coded in. There's video of them using it.