Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

a real problem with perfect capture or any capture

Sigby1

I watch a video and  mimic the video that uses an Ivara with enemy radar , using prisma shade , I kill all the enemies around, I go into prowl then hit the lure, next I get a descriptive message about the animal like go find it or what its habit is etc etc. But this video hits the lure and npc says get dart rifle ready. Is there and seemingly animal is right behind him, I get no animal in sight nada , zilch, nothing on radar but more enemies. Can you tell me some more realistic tips as in the wait times cause I never see this happen instantaneous which is why the last time I did this was six months ago, Thanks, 

Ok so process is this for Ivara

- select lure, use map to find poop.

- follow tracks to find lure call spot

- use lure once, get the blurb, listen to the return call, the direction of it is where the animal will come from

- use lure again, hit prowl, walk away DO NOT RUN or jump. Roll away is fine too. Use your tranq gun to scan the direction the call was, locate the animal. 

- switch to sleep arrow and hit animal with the arrow. 

-voila. Be aware certain terrain features may be bugged but it will work most od the time. And sawgaws... well they're great fun.

1 minute ago, Sigby1 said:

when I get to the final lure spot , I use the lure then I get the npc notice, but I never hear the animal respond back on the initial lure call I make, 

It probably means you didn't get the Echolure right. You need to adjust it up or down while aiming to match up with the bracket. You should get a return call and the bracket should disappear if done correctly.

sorry your videos are little fuzzy and I cant tell if you are repeatedly hitting the lure in that,  no I have the right lure

im reading it on the little triange which one it is. ok that is the part I need clearer video on that call, Cause what I do is point at the triangle on the ground and see a purple line then hit without moving the lure the whole range of the lure call. . 

Edited by Sigby1

3 minutes ago, Sigby1 said:

sorry your videos are little fuzzy and I cant tell if you are repeatedly hitting the lure in that,  no I have the right lure

im reading it on the little triange which one it is. ok that is the part I need clearer video on that call, Cause what I do is point at the triangle on the ground and see a purple line then hit without moving the lure the whole range of the lure call. . 

Just up the resolution, it should go to HD quality on the video options. You need to stand on the lure point not aim at it.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

so is that correct to just hold the lure call still and start it when you have the purple solid line? and aim it at the diamond on the ground ? Ty, was looking for something I could the jist of and enjoy and this is not it. 

Edited by Sigby1

3 minutes ago, Sigby1 said:

so is that correct to just hold the lure call still and start it when you have the purple solid line? and aim it at the diamond on the ground ? Ty

Stand on the diamond(the echo lure point). Then make the call with the purple solid line. Up the resolution of the video and copy that basically.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

ok I got one , I want to mention this too , cause there is just endless supply of enemies around this thing, even in the direction it seems to be coming from, If you have to go kill enemies after you hear the animal respond you can go kill those enemies, and come back and hit the animal lure again the same way and it came back for me.  , still but thank you for helping me.

Edited by Sigby1

I haven't done any conservation in a while. But last time I did, the whole thing was so broken and glitchy I could barely capture anything at all. So that might be part of your problem.

Animals spawn already spooked for no reason, and start running instantly. The call point would randomly disappear while I was following the tracks to it. Some animals, mostly Stovers, won't respond to the echo lure properly, and then spawn directly on top of the call point without warning. Once you tranq Horrasques, they tend to despawn instead of popping out of their burrow, so you can't capture them at all. Sawgaws teleport all over the place, and their hitboxes don't stay synced with their model, so you can't shoot them properly.