Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Self damage for Chroma

EeryEquation

Question

I don’t login often, and had just made a cerata right before the melee changes phase 2. Now i am sitting here wondering what to do since power throw is no more now. I don’t even like the gameplay of glaives so now i feel like i wasted those resources. Now i have gone through the forums and seen a lot of stuff about throwing knives with concealed explosives, angstrum and some other stuff as well. I already have a despair, but as i said, I don’t login often and thus won’t be able to effectively grind for concealed explosives. I have extra thunderbolts and i was wondering if a person would trade concealed explosives for it (not asking anyone who reads this to give one, just asking whether this is a possibility). 

Now i had gotten the blueprint for the stug some time ago from the daily offerings and made it yesterday, saw its abysmal stats and doomed it to be mastery fodder. However, while fooling around with it in the simulacrum, I found out it has self damage, and so i tested it out with chroma and guess what? With just a hornet strike rank 4 (+100% damage), i get max fury buff! Now my chroma is just rank 17 and the stug is unranked, so I believe things might change after i forma the frame and finalize the build. 

Could somebody tell me if this is a viable option. If somebody who already has a concealed explosives setup could directly compare it with the stug, you would do me a great favour. 

3 answers to this question

for the question of trading concealed explosives for thunderbolts. it would be a bad trade for the person as thunderbolts is worth 1 plat while concealed explosives are worth 4 plat. i personally havent used Stug for self harm. but if it works it works. and if you are interested in buying concealed explosives i suggest you go to Warframe Market .

Concealed Explosives will usually outpace the Stug's self-damage, and doubles as an actually useful weapon too. Waiting for a stug bubble is a little less applicable than throwing knives at your toes, at least in things like an Eidolon hunt. 

• Like 1