Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Support just told me that i have to wreck my ENTIRE Dojo...

LazerusKI

A few days ago i made a topic about the Parent-Child relation.

So...Support cant help.

This means that i would have to trash all of this:

1669E7B03ADB9DB2445C1B6DAD26E4FD38F424CA

Just to get to the Elevator.
I could then remove it, and fix it.

BUT...see the cross connector there? Yep...its Legacy.

This means that the Legacy Connector on the lower Level wouldnt fit anymore. I could not build elevators left and right and connect in the middle.

To fix that i need to wreck all of this too:

45BE8DA0C10B4B61FCC44C75687F3FEE2B7DA677

Just to make a new Cross Connection with the new Spacing.

Obviously i dont have the time nor the platinum to do that all over again.

Great Job...

The dojo editoring process is butts.

I have a suspicion that Sentients may eventually be employed in rapid reconstruction,
but that would be down the line a ways..
They built solar rails, surely a handful of sentient Lich could swing a dojo remodel.
Get an interface to program the whole remodel, they reduce time constraints.
Dry dock is certainly giving the present system a vigorous shakedown.

Edited by kapn655321

21 minutes ago, LazerusKI said:

Only if you rushed those rooms in the first place.

Most of them were not.

This means i have to wait an hour per room to destroy, and another 24h to build them up again.

To fix ONE tile i have to destroy THIRTY TWO!

Well, I've rebuilt my dojo 5 times so, I know a thing or two about nuking a Dojo due to problems... And the terrible wait during rebuild.

That's why I did a small and functional rebuild on my latest atempt, and it brought me no problems afterwards. The wait, this time, was worth it.

Decorating it, however, is something that I'm taking into heavy consideration. Since I have no one else to annoy me because the Dojo isn't "aesthetically acceptable" for him/her, I can make a proper planned expansion... But this is relative to my Dojo. Your Dojo, obviously, will most likely end up differently.

Edited by Uhkretor

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Uhkretor:

Well, I've rebuilt my dojo 5 times so, I know a thing or two about nuking a Dojo due to problems... And the terrible wait during rebuild.

That's why I did a small and functional rebuild on my latest atempt, and it brought me no problems afterwards. The wait, this time, was worth it.

Decorating it, however, is something that I'm taking into heavy consideration. Since I have no one else to annoy me because the Dojo isn't "aesthetically acceptable" for him/her, I can make a proper planned expansion... But this is relative to my Dojo. Your Dojo, obviously, will most likely end up differently.

Yeah, im glad i only started on my Inspiration Hall. There was only a little Noodle Bar in there, so nothing i cant rebuild.

I will now look for some kind of "Dojo Planner" so that i can plan my new Dojo...

1 hour ago, LazerusKI said:

I will now look for some kind of "Dojo Planner" so that i can plan my new Dojo...

A Dojo Planner is helpful, most likely, but you can skip that and just build the Dojo by what you effectively need the most.

Here's what I did. Effectively, all of those different Halls are only needed to build the Observatory. Althought its optional, a Dojo doesn't feel like a "space station" unless there's an Observatory. So I used one of the First Hall doors to put the Observatory, and on the other door, I placed a cross connector and then the rest of the Halls. On that cross connector, I placed T connectors on each door, and on those, I placed a Reactor on each door. Then the Observatory.

Once the Observatory construction completed, I replaced all the other Halls with an Extended Corridor and the Dry Dock. On those T's, I removed 3 reactors and replaced one of the T corridor with a cross connector. Then I moved one of the reactors to the 2nd cross connector, built the Crimson room and the labs... And I have 2 doors on the Dry Dock to expand the Dojo further if necessary. This resulted in a small, compact, functional Dojo where the main components remain "undisturbed".

The aesthetics can be dealt with later. Hope what I did to my Dojo gave you some ideas.

Edited by Uhkretor

1 hour ago, LazerusKI said:

Yeah, im glad i only started on my Inspiration Hall. There was only a little Noodle Bar in there, so nothing i cant rebuild.

wish i was that lucky... been tinkering with my inspertation hall for a few months... got most of the ground layout sorted building it all up again might just take 4-6 weeks if i had the time...