Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Shoulder Surgery. Will Be In a Sling For a Month. Orbweaver or Tartarus Maybe?

Ianto_Ashur

Question

I have played Warframe for just shy of 6 years. I started on PS4 and moved to PC. Due to a devastating car accident my shoulder has degenerated to the point that I've lost most of my arm function and I need surgery. They say I will be in a sling for a full month after the surgery. Does anyone know if a Razer Tartarus or Orbweaver is compatible with this game to the point that I can play one-handed? I will not be able to use keyboard and mouse or a controller while in the sling. I love being a Tenno. Any chance this is a solution? 

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

if it has buttons, it is compatible. whether it will offer you enough buttons is your prerogative.

maybe look into getting some foot pedals and Et Cetera in addition for extra buttons.

Okay I can look into foot pedals. Thank you for the suggestion.They have 32 buttons. Think that's enough?

A friend whom I’ve played Warframe with since 2013, only uses the Nostromo & Tartarus style keypads, rather than a full keyboard. It’s definitely compatible with the game, and he swears by the layout and functionality of them. However, he does use a mouse for aiming, shooting, melee, and a few other things, as he runs one of those MMO style mice. I’ll have a chat with him, and see if he might have some insight as to whether it may be doable for you to setup a keypad as a one-handed, do-everything, gaming option. I’m thinking there would be a bit of a learning curve, covering all the movement and controls with one hand, and you’d need to adjust your play style a bit. Sorry to hear that you’re dealing with such a nasty injury, as that cannot be pleasant. 

If people can play games like dark souls on a rockband guitar or skyrim on literal potatoes, then I’m confident you’ll be able to get something that’ll work. Foot petal/buttons is definitely not a bad idea.

Best of luck on the surgery and hope recovery goes smoothly, tenno.

12 hours ago, TheMightyAsylum said:

Okay I can look into foot pedals. Thank you for the suggestion.They have 32 buttons. Think that's enough?

on paper that's enough, but it depends on whether all of the buttons are in a place that's ergonomically practical for you, generally not all buttons on an Input Device are placed in a 'convenient and comfortable location'. with which ones are convenient differing for each user.