Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Then One Lotus As Actual Characters, And Helpful Aids!

Arlayn

So I was reading this one topic in General discussion about people thinking that the multiple versions of Lotus voice meant more then one Lotus, but we all know from livestream they were just experimenting to find the best version.

However I really think More then one Lotus would be cool, infact I had a dream there was two of them...

One the purple adult Lotus we all know and live

The second was a small child like Blue Lotus that reminded me of Tiny Tina from Boderlands 2, and was the one telling us to do Exterminate missions... really...(Scarier then Purple Lotus couldn't refuse...)

But when she isn't telling you massacre everyone she acts very sweet and nice, and will chime in every now and then to give hints, and tips during missions. She would also carry a conversation with you even though your not replying to her as you play the game. (I dreamt I was playing the game and I had Tiny Blue Lotus as my guide since who knows what Purple Lotus was doing)

I think There should be multiple Lotuses. The strong stern Purple, the happy and disturbing Blue... The rest well... could be any number of kinds, but it could also be like the multiple personalities of the Lotus separated into their own AI. (would be a great back story for why Corpus hint at her betraying them)

Would also be fun if we could open options and choose to have all Lotuses chime in, or only have one in which they would be the one to warn us about bosses in their own way telling a story in their own way about the boss.

-------------

A cool way to implement multiple Lotuses

Purple Lotus does the usual explanations that she always has

Blue talks about enemies

Orange talks about the Environment (wall running, busting windows, exploding barrels)

Red talks about items

Green talks about weapons that both you, and your enemies use(maybe even what the team is using)

Yellow Talks about Warframes

White talks about the tileset (Desert, Corpus ship, Grineer ship, Corpus base, Derelict, void, etc...) but in more detail then the Purple Lotus.

If you have them all on as you play the game they will each chime in but only once per item, enemy, or weapon encountered during the mission Sorta like in Metal Gear Solid when you can call up to know about a weapon, or item of some sort, even location. If you have only one of them on they would somewhat chime in about other things but they would admit their knowledge is limited on the topic, but for the most part try and replace purple Lotus, but focus on what they do like Blue talking about enemies you encounter for the first time on THAT particular mission.

You can also reset them or, get them started for the mission by while playing the mission go into options and click to turn them off save, and then go back into options turn them on and save. This will restart them so they will talk about the first enemy you encounter from that point, weapons, items, etc... So you get all the info you need.

An interesting way to deploy lore via multiple Lotuses... (Good for noobs too)

I very much dislike this idea. A Tiny Tina type of Lotus...? Tiny Tina made sense for Borderlands 2, and her story kind of explained why she was the way she was.

Tenno are supposed to be trained space ninja/assassins. How would a child-like being with near-crazy tendencies make her way into this equation? 

Also I don't think "colored" Lotuses are really... necessary. It would add a lot of extra work for the devs as well when all they would need to do is make one icon, one voice and one personality for all of it. 

Also when you said "I had a dream about two of them (dot dot dot)" I expected something ENTIRELY different than what I read.

I very much dislike this idea. A Tiny Tina type of Lotus...? Tiny Tina made sense for Borderlands 2, and her story kind of explained why she was the way she was.

Tenno are supposed to be trained space ninja/assassins. How would a child-like being with near-crazy tendencies make her way into this equation? 

Also I don't think "colored" Lotuses are really... necessary. It would add a lot of extra work for the devs as well when all they would need to do is make one icon, one voice and one personality for all of it. 

Also when you said "I had a dream about two of them (dot dot dot)" I expected something ENTIRELY different than what I read.

Lotus was considered a betrayer to the Corpus... why? Do you have the lore to say my idea is stupid? Maybe something happened... maybe she gained split personalities... and for an insane portion of Lotus to exist I see happening...  Also The game is hard for noobs I feel bad for them... watching them try to wall run during a Vor mission... its sad to watch them struggle while other players kill Vor. They need to be taught stuff... I think a Metal Gear Solid type system would work for the player (not the you die, and oh there is a mine field ahead thing from Metal Gear Solid 1 even though that would be funny) No I think the Lotus needs more dialoge as she talks about all this stuff, or give the player a database about enemies, and bosses they fought, weapons they use, put the lore section in it too. About moves and what not that heavily describe and give notes, and tips and tips when it is needed, and how it is useful...

Better we could use the new idea I just posted...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/115132-database-section-remove-lore-section/

• 2 weeks later...