Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weekly Endurance Events

tekmansam

In my boredom I have been playing a certain popular mobile game and it has struck a certain chord with me.  I have never been one of the endurance players out there--I haven't even gone an hour deep since void keys were a thing.  I take that back.  Nightwave season 1, before they nerfed the Kuva Survival act, but I digress.  This particular game has weekly tournaments and events that are fairly random.  Get as many of this as you can.  Upgrade as many of these as you can.  Etc.  That's when it dawned on me.  What Warframe needs is weekly events and tournaments in this style.  Imagine:

Let's say that there is a survival endurance tournament this week.  A special node is chosen or created.  Every player that participates in this game mode is tracked in the database, with their best result saved.  At the end of the week, all points are added together for every clan member and a total is reached.  Rankings are then posted by clan size.  Rewards are mailed out and shoutouts are given on Prime Time.  The shoutouts are not to be undersold.  This will attract more attention to the tournaments.  More people will want to participate.  And Warframe will finally have a culture around high level content that actually pushes and challenges builds and builds more cooperation within clans.  And maybe they put in intermissions in the endurance node.  Give the party the ability to pause the game for a ten minute timer every so often.  It is one thing for those that go 6hrs by themselves, but for them to design a game mode to intentionally incentivize this would be inhumane and possibly illegal.  Hmm, maybe that's why this doesn't exist.

23 minutes ago, tekmansam said:

Hmm, maybe that's why this doesn't exist.

You vastly overestimate the number of people that would participate. The number of builds for a variety of frames make this braindead solo and unspeakably tedious for even a random group.

Promoted leaderboards bring out exploiters and not all of them will be caught. Rewards based on your ranking exacerbate this.

Leaderboards already exist. DE doesn't want to incentivize endurance runs.