Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gladiator mods broken?

(PSN)TheRocket91

Since the old blood update I've noticed the gladiator mods aren't working as intended. 

It states 10% critical chance per combo multiplier. When I use 6 gladiator mods I am able to achieve 60% set bonus. 

I've tested with Wukong exalted staff only so far. 

With a base of 25% crit Chance I should be seeing an increase of 15% every multiplier 1-12. 

In this sense I should aquire a total of 180% crit Chance at combo 12x.

25% base with 180% is 205%.

Even after the newest update sacrificial steel 220% crit Chance I fail to notice the gladiator mod set bonus. 

Am I missing a diminishing returns calculation or something? 

Before glad mods. 

25% base crit

+sacrificial steel 220%+25=80

+150% primal rage = 37.5+80=117.5% crit chance

Glad bonus of 180%+117.5%=??? Shouldnt I be hitting purple crits 97.5% of the time??? 

I do know the glad mods are giving a percentage when I test its just not what is intended. 

Can someone look in to this please thank you. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)TheRocket91 said:

With a base of 25% crit Chance I should be seeing an increase of 15% every multiplier 1-12. (1)

In this sense I should aquire a total of 180% crit Chance at combo 12x.

25% base with 180% is 205%. (2)

1. True, you should get 15% every 1x combo multiplier stacking up to 11 times (11x) at 12x combo counter.

2. False, you can acquire total of 165% critical chance at 12x combo because Blood Rush/Gladiator Set mod bonus (60%) can only stack to 11 times (proven in the formula below).

Here's the formula for Blood Rush formula and I believe this apply for Gladiator set mod bonus as well
Crit Chance = Weapon Crit Chance × [1 + Mod Crit Bonus + Blood Rush Bonus x (Combo Multi - 1)] + Static Crit Bonus.

so in the case of Wukong's exalted weapon the Iron Staff the critical chance of the weapon at 12x combo multiplier with 6 Gladiator Mods only. It can be shown as below formula (without additional critical chance mods/arcane/buffs, like True/Sacrificial Steel, Arcane Avenger, Primal Rage, Adarza/Smeeta buffs or warframe buffs like Harrow etc.) 

The Critical chance should be  something like this25 x (1 + 0 + 0.6 x (12-1)) + 0 = 190%

6 hours ago, (PS4)TheRocket91 said:

25% base crit

+sacrificial steel 220%+25=80

+150% primal rage = 37.5+80=117.5% crit chance

Glad bonus of 180%+117.5%=??? Shouldnt I be hitting purple crits 97.5% of the time??? 

I do know the glad mods are giving a percentage when I test its just not what is intended. 

In this case with the same formula as above but we add 2 more mods which are Sacrificial Steel and Primal Rage then we should have something like this: 

25 x (1 + 2.2 + 1.5 + 0.6 x (12-1)) + 0 = 282.5%. So yes you have 82.5% to have red crit but most of the time your attacks are gonna be orange crit.
I don't know what's purple crit but I do notice there's a bug or a feature whatever you call it, the purple damage shows up when you do damage to over-shield targets usually Corpus units it has been claimed on several forums that it (purple damage) has nothing to do with critical hit.

P.s. ty for reading my post about the Venka Prime new passive bug and hope this would help you with your problem. In conclusion according to my test Gladiator Set mods bonus has no bug on regular weapons (weapons that can only have 12x combo counter) however weapons that like Venka Prime that can have 13x combo counter instead of 12x Blood Rush and Gladiator set mod bonus has the same bug that it/they can only stack to 11 times.

Edited by ZlzeoznZ
  • Like 1

Oh thank you so much for the formula I will be keeping this info. Very helpful especially didn't know the 12th stack isn't counted per say. 

To my knowledge I thought 100% crit gaurentee orange crits, 200% gaurentee red crits and anything past would be purple crits or at least much higher red crit numbers. 

With the new sacrificial update I am able to achieve 80-90% red crits with some orange. 

Sometimes I see red crits in the tens of thousands and others hundreds of thousands. But I only see the latter a small percentage of the time. 

When I test just the gladiator mods  and sacrificial steel 220% with the math you provide I should be at 127.5% cc so 27.5% chance to red crit but none in sight. This leads me to believe the glad mods aren't tied to the combo multiplier but the crit multiplier instead in my testing. 

I wish they could add a real time Stat sheet that we could confirm everything easier. 

I also recently checked a few posts about losing glad and blood rush stacks on exalted weapons when switching in and out of operator. 

• Like 1

I'm glad that helped you but may I correct some of the information in your reply if you will. 
Weapons that has under 100% critical chance, for example 55% critical chance that means the weapon has 55% chance to inflict Yellow critical hit.

Weapons that has 100% critical chance or above, for example 155% critical chance that means the weapon has 100% chance to inflict Yellow critical hit and 55% chance to inflict Orange critical hit.

Weapons that 200% critical chance or above, for example 255% critical chance that means the weapon has 100% chance to inflict Orange critical hit and 55% chance to inflict Red critical hit.

Only once you reach or above 300% critical chance then all of your attacks (or bullets in the case of guns) can guarantee Red critical hit all the time.

Hope this would help with your builds 🙂 

• Like 1

I have seen high damage numbers on enemies where that didn't matter. I always thought that that was just an easter egg -- dead is dead.

But maybe, with developer churn, that code has leaked into places it should not have gone (and "quick fixes" for the consequences have nerfed things that should not have been nerfed?)??