Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggesting a simple fix to Kuva Lich system

Libpea

Here is how we spawn Lich with the current system:
PIbKEq1.png
And this really sucks, because:
1. Players only aim for toxic type because it;s the most useful and versatile element. Only aiming for other elementals if players even care about the ephemeras.
2. Having control over the elemental type is not necessary.
3. Too HARD to aim for 1 thing because of 2 layers of RNG. For example, if I want to have a Kuva Brakk, with more than 50% elemental bonus is good enough,
then the chance will be: 1/13 x 10/40 = 1/52. That is 52 Lich to do on theory, which will take 52 x 2 hours on average = 104 hours -> then 13 weapons x 104h = 1352 hours in game. REALLY!
The long hours to kill a Lich doesnt mind me, but now i give up because the outcome is so out of control.

And here is my suggestion to fix the system:
mV3AQCj.png
Here is why it;s better:
1. Players get those weapons quickly just for MR, it;s fine. Other will grind for high elemental percentage to use those weapons.
2. Still 2 layers of RNG: elemental type and elemental percentage. But the elemental type is secondary, for example, if I get a Brakk with 55% Magnetic, I will still keep and use it under some circumstances, and will grind another Brakk with other elemental type. This way it;s more controllable and give players more chance to try other kinds of elemental type, and we mainly have to aim for 1 layer of RNG: the elemental percentage.

Edited by Libpea
  • Like 1

Isn't radiation the best bet? You can put poison on the weapon with only one mod and it is likely changed because it is the primary elemental type, but radiation is not.

And, although it forces us to use specific warframe when activating Kuva Lich, but making it more unpredictable seems not so good.

32 minutes ago, ciTiger said:

So you want to make it worse? No tks...

Just make the darn Larvaling carry the weapon in the first place.

Mathematically, it;s not worse, it;s even better if u do the math. For example, for a Brakk toxic above 50%:
1. The current system (elemental type is predetermined), the chance is:
     1/13 x 10/40 = 1/52  (13 weapons)

2. My suggesting system (weapon is predetermined), the chance is:

1/7 x 10/40 = 1/28 (7 elemental types)

26 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Isn't radiation the best bet? You can put poison on the weapon with only one mod and it is likely changed because it is the primary elemental type, but radiation is not.

And, although it forces us to use specific warframe when activating Kuva Lich, but making it more unpredictable seems not so good.

So then it all comes down to the desire to have only 1 layer of RNG: elemental percentage, the rest is predetermined: weapons and elemental types. I doubt DE will reduce to this.

But we will wait and see how they fix the system, for now it;s the content that;s not very replayable in the long run.

Edited by Libpea

I think the big thing they could do is add a "boost" function... where you can take one Kuva weapon and feed it to another one to increase the % by a small amount.  This would give people a reason to keep farming weapons once the likelihood of getting a better one starts dropping.   You get a 38% drop.  You get another drop that 24%.  Feed the 24% into the 38% to make it 42%?  Ideally they don't have to be the same weapon type or that'll just discourage people too.