Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Prime Suggestion.

RIOT

So, I finally was able to make the latron prime (after farming since U9 for that damn reciver) and the only thing that comes to mind is, Wow. This kinda sucks...

I love how it looks and the playstyle it offers, but this thing is in a need of a buff in my opinion.

My suggestions are as followed:

Mag size 15 > 20
Damage 45 > 60 or 65
crit chance 10% > 15%

Or! You could forget all that stuff and give it armor pen damage.

I know the new damage/armor system is coming, which I hope fixes most of the problems I see when it comes to weapons.
But, if we are talking about a good 3+ month wait for that, I would love to see this weapon buffed in the mean time.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Edited by RIOTx

I don't understand why it needs buffed exactly. In comparison to it's non-Prime counterpart, it appears to be better in every way.

Personally, my only problem with Latron (I'm not sure about Latron Prime, but I imagine it's the same) is the recoil. There's a mod that reduces recoil, but I can't remember what it's called.

Give it crit chance and damage, or just a straight up damage buff.

I don't understand why it needs buffed exactly. In comparison to it's non-Prime counterpart, it appears to be better in every way.

Personally, my only problem with Latron (I'm not sure about Latron Prime, but I imagine it's the same) is the recoil. There's a mod that reduces recoil, but I can't remember what it's called.

Better than the Latron? Yes. But go shoot some level 80+ Grineer first with the Latron, then with a Vasto or even a Soma (single bullet at a time), and then come back here saying the same.

Armor 2.0 may fix some things, but the Latron Prime is waaay behind in raw stats and is pretty outdated compared to current difficulty and newer weapons we get.

its like saying in a war "why are people complaining about this bubble gun? The other one is straight up worse" so what its still sucks

It's not about how it compares to a Latron, it's about how it compares to other Primes and rifles in general. Latron Prime could use a base crit chance buff so it doesn't feel so much like a semi-automatic coin flipper. If the Soma and Boar Prime(for example) can score critical hits reliably, I don't see why the Latron Prime shouldn't be able to. I mean, sure it does fair damage without criticals unlike the two guns mentioned above(who need criticals to shine) but if the gun can't crit consistently there really doesn't feel like there should be much reason to use it over anything else.

the latron and expecially the prime version in general is underpowered comared to other weapons . (more presicely the kunai, hikou and despair)
I mean a primary should be stronger then your secondary, and with the release of lethal torrent it makes it even worse.

The semi-auto weapons I am familliar with are (kinda) slow firing, high damage weapons, not slow firiing pea shooters.
This weapon and its unprimed counterpart has to be buffed.

So, I finally was able to make the latron prime (after farming since U9 for that damn reciver) and the only thing that comes to mind is, Wow. This kinda sucks...

I love how it looks and the playstyle it offers, but this thing is in a need of a buff in my opinion.

Mag size 15 > 20

Damage 45 > 60 or 65

Drit chance 10% > 15%

I know the new damage/armor system is coming, which I hope fixes most of the problems I see when it comes to weapons.

But, if we are talking about a good 3+ month wait for that, I would love to see this weapon buffed in the mean time.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

I think they should just buff the crit dmg to 250%

And AP damage type would be great too

The recoil on the Latron Prime is lower and its a lot easier to use at range. No need for that useless recoil mod

Crit damage too low imo, only 1.5x.

Yes

Latron Prime is pointless now. Soma has higher damage per hit.

Give the Latron Prime some LOVE, DE.

Its not pointless yet. When was the last time you ran out of ammo on a Latron Prime?

the latron and expecially the prime version in general is underpowered comared to other weapons . (more presicely the vasto and dual vasto)

fix'd.

The Kunai and its brothers are apples to the Latron's mushroom. There is no comparison.

do not bother with any prime weapons

they are all garbage

other than for looks or mastery

those the only 2 reasons to get them - looks and mastery - they are all horrible now compared to clan weapons or the late market additions

im not going to even bother asking for buffs for primes since weapon balance is all scotts department

and that guy is just horrible when it comes to balance and stats

powercreep is the direction this game is going with and there is nothing wrong with it

its a choice that the designers take

The latron is meant to be a mid to long range accuracy weapon. It's not meant to be spammed at body parts. 

It doesn't have enough damage to be a one shot kill. I do more damage with ONE bullet from my Lex, making it more useful than the Latron or Latron prime. Same for my Dual Vastos, which makes me crazy for using the Latron Prime

It doesn't have enough damage to be a one shot kill. I do more damage with ONE bullet from my Lex, making it more useful than the Latron or Latron prime. Same for my Dual Vastos, which makes me crazy for using the Latron Prime

Does the lex have 540 bullets ? No didn't think so. Also secondary weapons mods are far superior to the rifle mods. You can hardly compare them imho.

Mag size 15 > 20

Damage 45 > 60 or 65

Drit chance 10% > 15%

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Accuracy 28.6 > 40.0

• 2 weeks later...

Latron prime defenetly needs a buff, i would say 55 damage, 20 crit chance, not 15 because its more importent to have a high dph in slow firing weapons, with rifels and fast weapons 15 is alright, and besides that same stats as latron, and latron crit chance shoukd be 15

I think The Latron and the Latron Prime need a buff. As a person that has used actually semi automatic weapons irl, the latron really seem underpower when it come to damage compared to the recoil. Then again using a Mosin bolt-action and a Sks and comparing it to the Latron/prime is way to different. DE, just more crit or Dmg please. :)

Also fix the Latron Prime drops. I got like 7 mag primes before i got the Latron Prime stuff.

I think the best comparison here is the Braton and its prime variant, the Braton Prime got a 25% increase in damage and 5 more rounds in its magazine, the Latron Prime only has 2.5% more crit chance and about 12.5% increase in damage, so yeah something is a little off...

Edited by theangelbelow88