Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dakra Prime Not "prime" Worthy?

Fire_Ashes

It has indeed been a long time.

All weapons need to be brought up to Fang Prime/Galatine/Orthos tier and even more so.

Melee should be a viable option for when one prefers to slice everything as opposed to shooting everything.

Dual Ichor Tier... I mean honestly if Dual Ichor got a DoT I'm pretty sure they'd be the Acrid of Melee.

The important question is: is Dakra Prime better than Cronus? Because in loot tables it's classified as PrimeCronus

If it's better then it doesn't need a buff and it serves the purpose of Prime being superior to regular version

Cronus doesn't need MR6 now does it?...

Can we just postpone the whole balance discussion till the new armor system comes? It's pointless to balance for system that might be completely removed shortly.

Also, Dakra staggers enemies on basic hit and has decent AoE knock-down on jump attack, on top of that it has excellent polarities (V and --) and that saves you forma/potato. You have to list everything when comparing weapons, some people use melee as a means of crowd control and to those Orthos Prime is inferior choice to Dakra.

And imho all Dakra needs to become prestigious weapon is to have its own animation set with specific bonuses. Not only would that look cool, it could also provide some interesting mechanics potential. 

Give it rapier-like animation set that scales dmg with each swing and ends in armor ignoring thrust with 125-150% dmg. There, Dakra is instantly cooler and stronger.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Can we just postpone the whole balance discussion till the new armor system comes? It's pointless to balance for system that might be completely removed shortly.

Also, Dakra staggers enemies on basic hit and has decent AoE knock-down on jump attack, on top of that it has excellent polarities (V and --) and that saves you forma/potato. You have to list everything when comparing weapons, some people use melee as a means of crowd control and to those Orthos Prime is inferior choice to Dakra.

And imho all Dakra needs to become prestigious weapon is to have its own animation set with specific bonuses. Not only would that look cool, it could also provide some interesting mechanics potential. 

Give it rapier-like animation set that scales dmg with each swing and ends in armor ignoring thrust with 125-150% dmg. There, Dakra is instantly cooler and stronger.

It's not a rapier. It's not thin at all. The Blade at the end is wider than near the hilt, like the Chinese Dao. It's meant to slash not poke.

Edited by Mikovsky

i just want Dakra Prime to give my enemies Gold Poisoning with every swing. it would be like Scurvy, with a bit of Poison Sumac, a bit of Anthrax, and a bit of boiling Sulfuric Acid at the same time. 

they shall bleed gold, because my sword is made out of gold.

so much gold. 

I like the look of the Dakra Prime, and it's been pretty good to me so far, dealing more damage then I could ask for. Although it's hard to get, I think it's worth it in the end, but some people have chose to wait until Armor 2.0 which I heard should make it better but who knows? I play Ash so I'm mainly focusing on melees with good charge like the Galatine for when I smoke screen but if I had to go with a non-charge melee, I'd pick the Dakra Prime.

Its benefits are not proportionate to its acquisition difficulty and mastery rank, especially when compared to other melee weapons.

A small to medium damage reduction during swing time would be much easier to implement rather than a whole new set of animations with a non-immediate damage poke. It would also give the cosmetic fact that it has a pommel guard some meaning.

Edited by HalfTheSky

Dakra Prime actually isn't that bad and I've actually fought some level 100+ enemies with it. There are things you can do with mods to increase damage output, though knowing most people, they're too lazy to potato or forma a melee weapon and want it to do a bazillion damage right out of the box. 55 base damage is high for a longsword in this game. Galatine only has a 35 but on the plus side the 400 charge damage makes regular slashes a little redundant until you mod it like crazy. 

Dakra Prime gets two polarity slots to start with so you won't have to forma it as much to put on some good mods. Keep ind mind, Dakra isn't meant to be god tier like Galatine. It's meant to be a more balanced long sword. 

It has indeed been a long time.

All weapons need to be brought up to Fang Prime/Galatine/Orthos tier and even more so.

Melee should be a viable option for when one prefers to slice everything as opposed to shooting everything.

Exactly. Melee needs an overall buff

Latron and Latron Prime is pure junk.

It just needs more skill than you have