Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Implement a new mission featuring the Lotus having a duaghter being kidnapped

(PSN)Guardian_of_One

6 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

If you make a post, you have to also be up for criticism of said post. Didn't help that you went into this being misinformed about certain things from the get go. Don't take it personally.

That being said, I can absolutely guarantee you the devs aren't going to make a liam neeson frame or anything along those lines. That would be so out of universe and so contradictory to everything in game. it would stand out like a sore thumb and thats without even considering the licensing issues

I'm not saying they have to implement it into the story of the base game, but as a off branch, for when you complete the game... like create a new planet for these things, just as a side thing to do... it's  not unheard of, and it doesn't screw the initial game either, plenty of games do it...

Edited by (PS4)Guardian_of_One

Come on guys, why does this have to be blown out of proportion? The Devs continuously ask themselves how they can make this game more fun and exciting... How can you you make a game more fun and exciting if you can't handle being or thinking outside the box? You guys are the reason why games turn boring, you don't want change... so everything stays the same...

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)Guardian_of_One:

Complete the current story, until they add more... yes, same game...

ok... you can't complete the game as there is no "finish" line.. it's ongoing. yes you can go through the storyline - but thats not completing the game. you just did the storyline as far as they exist. 

and you can always suggest whatever you wish but you should be aware that not everyone will share your opinion. as for now, this suggestion get's not much positiv feedback out of the community - only direct reaction you get is a laugh on your first post. Mainly - i think - because your informations lags a lot about warframe lore and warframes itself. may you should consider to do more research before posting. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Guardian_of_One said:

Come on guys, why does this have to be blown out of proportion? The Devs continuously ask themselves how they can make this game more fun and exciting... How can you you make a game more fun and exciting if you can't handle being or thinking outside the box? You guys are the reason why games turn boring, you don't want change... so everything stays the same...

Randomly throwing pop culture into WF isn't thinking out of the box... its the exact opposite of thinking outside of the box. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Guardian_of_One said:

I'm not saying they have to implement it into the story of the base game, but as a off branch, for when you complete the game... like create a new planet for these things, just as a side thing to do... it's  not unheard of, and it doesn't screw the initial game either, plenty of games do it...

Yes, but when its done its normally incredibly subtle and appropriate. WF has never established itself as something that constantly throws heavily obvious references etc at players.

This isn't MGS. It works in the MGS series because its been done in almost every MGS game, the whole plot and many characters including snake/big boss (shamelessly based off Snake from escape from new york) is based of kojimas love of action movies and a lot of american media. It works because its built that way from the ground up and when you play MGS thats what you expect.

When people play warframe, they don't expect to be slapped in the face with content that makes zero sense, especially content that WF isn't to some extent inspired by, because its never been there to begin with. Just because something is appropriate in one place, doesn't mean it is in another. If we're talking the odd ZOE reference or something sure, cause thats a huge inspiration for wf, but throwing in something like references to taken would be weirdly out of place and immersion breaking.

Just so we're clear, I'm not trying to be mean. I just think this isn't a super well thought out idea.

Edited by StinkyPygmy
  • Like 2

Il y a 2 heures, (PS4)Guardian_of_One a dit :

So having Wukong based off of the Monkey King from the movie "The Forbidden Kingdom isn't paying homage, or Vauban as a joke from the star wars joke quote "It's a trap?" I highly doubt it that it was merely coincidence that these frames exist purely by devs creations...

I see.

Imagine being a frame named after a very talented military engineer, a man so talented he lived in the 18th century and created fortress that still stand tall today. A man that redefined the border of France according to natural barrier, going as far as convincing his king to GIVE UP some territory to have better and easier to defend frontier, and essentially defined the whole border of France up until today... 

And being called a knock-off Star Wars joke as a result.

OP, try not to spread your inculture any further.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

I see.

Imagine being a frame named after a very talented military engineer, a man so talented he lived in the 18th century and created fortress that still stand tall today. A man that redefined the border of France according to natural barrier, going as far as convincing his king to GIVE UP some territory to have better and easier to defend frontier, and essentially defined the whole border of France up until today... 

And being called a knock-off Star Wars joke as a result.

OP, try not to spread your inculture any further.

Or you could have juat ignored the post, I will say what I want, if you can't handle it, then shut up...

vor 13 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Guardian_of_One:

Or you could have juat ignored the post, I will say what I want, if you can't handle it, then shut up...

uhm... your research lags... now you are attacking other players who let you know how wrong you are. at the moment you "can't handle it"

don't you think you should at least say "sorry, didn't aware, but this do not change my view" ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

uhm... your research lags... now you are attacking other players who let you know how wrong you are. at the moment you "can't handle it"

don't you think you should at least say "sorry, didn't aware, but this do not change my view" ?

I'm not attacking anyone, just telling them that they have the option to not say anything at all... and also, If they don't say anything, then I'd have no reason to "attack" them would I? You know, for a community that's built on raising people up, you people sure like tearing people down when they suggest something or when their knowledge is incorrect... now who's  attacking who?

Edited by (PS4)Guardian_of_One

vor 23 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Guardian_of_One:

I'm not attacking anyone, just telling them that they have the option to not say anything at all... and also, If they don't say anything, then I'd have no reason to "attack" them would I? You know, for a community that's built on raising people up, you people sure like tearing people down when they suggest something or when their knowledge is incorrect... now who's  attacking who?

you're attacking. 

• you suggest some idea.
  • this idea do not find positiv feedback.
  • so you tried to explain your idea with basically wrong informations/examples
  • players do tell you, that your examples are wrong and you didn't understand warframe lore
  • that's where you start to attack them like the last "shut up"

but some comments on your post are rude, thats right.. 

Zitat

If they don't say anything, then I'd have no reason to "attack" them would I

thats the problem here in you "logic" - you post something in a forum. what do you expect what happens? 

-> normally people will start to reply on your post. and not every reply will be positiv. 

you can't just say: "shut up if you are not thinking this is a brilliant idea."

Zitat

you people sure like tearing people down when they suggest something or when their knowledge is incorrect

not tearing down. your suggestion is simply not fitting into warframe because it will break the game lore/whole storyline. thats why so many try to tell you: you lags on knowledge of the warframe lore and should consider to research more.

Edited by (PS4)NewcastleDisease
typo
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

you're attacking. 

• you suggest some idea.
  • this idea do not find positiv feedback.
  • so you tried to explain your idea with basically wrong informations/examples
  • players do tell you, that your examples are wrong and you didn't understand warframe lore
  • that's where you start to attack them like the last "shut up"

but some comments on your post are rude, thats right.. 

thats the problem here in you "logic" - you post something in a forum. what do you expect what happens? 

-> normally people will start to reply on your post. and not every reply will be positiv. 

you can't just say: "shut up if you are not thinking this is a brilliant idea."

not tearing down. your suggestion is simply not fitting into warframe because it will break the game lore/whole storyline. thats why so many try to tell you: you lags on knowledge of the warframe lore and should consider to research more.

Thanks for understanding...

On 2019-12-11 at 4:50 AM, (PS4)Guardian_of_One said:

I think Warframe has done well over the years, I really do... But I think implementing missions that give rewards like warframes designed after the personas of real life actors based on movies like "Taken" with Liam Neeson and "Blade" with Wesley Snipes would be a very nice twist to the game... I think everyone has a movie and an actor they would like to see implemented into warframe wouldn't you all agree? As for me, I'd like a questline based after the movie "Taken," where we find out that the Lotus has a daughter who is kidnapped and she sends the tenno after the kidnappers and as a reward, a warframe after Liam Neeson where one of his abilities has his famous phonecall quote... granted royalties will need to be payed and stuff...

As a player since PS4 launch an update like this would completely ruin the game for me. I like how the story is told currently and how it has evolved. Hell my starting warframe was Loki, so I've been here for all the changes and there have been many major ones that have completely changed the game for me. I think this would be a step in the wrong direction. Story missions are nice and all but not for cheap movie tie-ins that ruin immersion. I want the DEVs to focus on working on railjack adding more features, more missions, more factions and the like. If they focus on improving railjack I see a big change coming that could change how we play game completely again but in the right direction. I appreciate your input into this community but as a long time veteran I have to disagree with this Idea.  y3r6ndowo7511.png