Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Is A Heavy Unit Approaching

Akateko

When i hear that i sigh, cause it's not really a heavy unit. It's a silly rocket guy or the napalm dude, sure when i had a low level frame and weapons i groand cause it would take a long time to kill them.

Now they are not as surprising anymore or much of a bother, so DE ramp it up a bit.

There is a heavy unit approaching should be, "Oh crap!, a jackal" or two hyenas. Then we are talking a heavy unit, something to put your teeth into.

So please DE, be a sport and surprise me :)

Fair enough, cant really argue with this, maybe keep the heavy unit stuff, but of course DE were going to add more Stalker like stuff to the game, I.E. Random hyenas or jackals showing up as backup, that sorta thing, but as a separate alert, because the heavy unit sentence still comes in handy in some cases, especially for the newbie players that you arent taking into consideration right now. 

"We've got trouble - The Assassination target is near"

Tangent:

"The assassination target is dangerous, we have to take them out."

A few minutes later:

"We've got trouble - The assassination target is near."

Umm we came here for the assassination target right? Did something change in the last 3 minutes?

Edited by Akivoodoo

Tangent:

"The assassination target is dangerous, we have to take them out."

A few minutes later:

"We've got trouble - The assassination target is near."

Umm we came here for the assassination target right? Did something change in the last 3 minutes?

Ya she says things that make no sense sometimes. It also slightly detracts from the immersion too, especially if on a stealth run where you never set off a sensor or even had an enemy unit fire at you. 

Also the "something is wrong..." comment also just irks me slightly. Maybe say like "warning" or "caution. But "something is wrong" just doesn't fit when they enemy is trying to kill me. It would be a better phrase to attach to "the doors are locked" or "you've been spotted".

But DE-George said they are going to be doing an overhaul, so hopefully they are listening.

"Something's wrong. There's a heavy unit approaching."

I always thought that Lotus was referring to a squad of regular Grineer Marines when she said this, because for the first umpteenth times she said that phrase, I did not see a single heavy unit.

I think her scanners need to be checked.  Or she should stop shopping at whatever bargain basement shop that supplies the Tenno with their Grinner and Corpus cast offs and crap.

Cuz, when facing Infested, she thinks that the crawlers are Heavy Units but when a Toxic or Disruptor Ancient appears, she says nothing.  And since when do Heavy Gunners not qualify as 'Heavy Units', for heaven's sake, it's got HEAVY in the name!  And the Corpus Techs are DEFINITELY Heavies too.  Stupid hand cannon, stripping down shields and armour in seconds...

The grineer bombards and napalms shake the map with their appearance.

I think lotus should keep quiet and give us some technology to detect the heavies ourselves. Like why should we have enemy radar equipped if she's gonna scan the area for us anyway.

At bosses, a "He is here, good luck" will suffice.

The grineer bombards and napalms shake the map with their appearance.

I think lotus should keep quiet and give us some technology to detect the heavies ourselves. Like why should we have enemy radar equipped if she's gonna scan the area for us anyway.

At bosses, a "He is here, good luck" will suffice.

Heavy units could have an increased enemy radar dot. (Though enemy radar is so broken it makes me cringe)

Been there, died many times :)

Lotus constantly states that both the jackal and hyena are trouble for tenno, yet none of us have met them in the field. Just that little room where they hide out..

what about that new jackal factory room.

the one with the dormant robot in it?

it would be cool if it woke up though... 

My biggest issue is she says "Somethings wrong, there's a heavy unit approaching"

Why is there something wrong, there is a tenno in your ship he is killing all your men single handedly, why wouldn't you send in the big guns?

i'm fairly sure i answered that previously in this thread, but could have been in an other so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt...

A theory regarding that exist saying that she means that something is wrong on her sensors(AKA jamming or disturbances or somethin) meaning that a heavy unit is close by.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm fairly sure i answered that previously in this thread, but could have been in an other so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt...

A theory regarding that exist saying that she means that something is wrong on her sensors(AKA jamming or disturbances or somethin) meaning that a heavy unit is close by.

I thought this was obvious....

jeez no wonder people keep asking.

What annoys me the most with this announcement is not only the fact that it's not a proper heavy unit, but that Lotus announces that "something is wrong". What's wrong with them sending a heavy unit? You're an infiltrator, you're killing everyone off and how is it wrong with them sending their strongest troops? :p

Something's not wrong, it's exactly what you should've been prepared for. They're trying to take control of a situation.