Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros: Scaling Passive

StarCommanderVong

I'll be short and sweet here: Inaros' passive is 100% useless once you get past... Let's say Saturn, I don't have a concrete level cap for it, honestly.

But yeah, since the resurrection is based on the percentage health drained from a target, not the damage dealt, the fact that his beam deals a flat 75 damage regardless of anything else, the ability is rendered absolutely useless once enemies start to get thousands of health points.

While I feel Inaros is already powerful enough, I will agree he could do with some convience changes.

His Devour ability could do with some scaling.

One thing that could be changed with Inaros is to give some visual indicators when he uses Devour and Scarab Swarm, both of these abilities can be used to heal teammates but this aspect of Inaros isn't very usable. I'm by no means an Inaros main, but whenever I've tried to use him as a Support to heal my teammates, it never works.

I've tried using Devour to give my teammates a way of healing, even marking enemies so that other teammates can see them, but 9/10 times (or 10/10 times in my experience) teammates would rather shoot the enemy before they can even realise they could heal from it. Same with Scarab Swarming a group of enemies, your teammates will likely clear the room before they can get healed.

This leaves Inaros in a bad place where the only real use for him is as a selfish tank. (not calling Inaros players selfish, just that he only really benefits the player using it and there's not much they can do about it either.)

Sandstorm is a meme ability that probably recieved more usage in referencing it to that song, and due to Devour being unable to scale, the Sand shadows are very much useless, they'd be much more effective if they were innately part of his Desiccation.

Inaros is admittively in a good place, I run him all the time for his tankiness but he lacks the uniqueness of having abilities that can benefit the squad.

Il y a 2 heures, Zahnny a dit :

While I feel Inaros is already powerful enough, I will agree he could do with some convience changes.

One thing that could be changed with Inaros is to give some visual indicators when he uses Devour and Scarab Swarm, both of these abilities can be used to heal teammates but this aspect of Inaros isn't very usable. I'm by no means an Inaros main, but whenever I've tried to use him as a Support to heal my teammates, it never works.

I've tried using Devour to give my teammates a way of healing, even marking enemies so that other teammates can see them, but 9/10 times (or 10/10 times in my experience) teammates would rather shoot the enemy before they can even realise they could heal from it. Same with Scarab Swarming a group of enemies, your teammates will likely clear the room before they can get healed.

This leaves Inaros in a bad place where the only real use for him is as a selfish tank. (not calling Inaros players selfish, just that he only really benefits the player using it and there's not much they can do about it either.)

Sandstorm is a meme ability that probably recieved more usage in referencing it to that song, and due to Devour being unable to scale, the Sand shadows are very much useless, they'd be much more effective if they were innately part of his Desiccation.

Inaros is admittively in a good place, I run him all the time for his tankiness but he lacks the uniqueness of having abilities that can benefit the squad.

This, 100% ^

17 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Maybe a column of light/scarabs from the heavens to illuminate the devour and swarms... something more obvious than the scarab-skin.

18 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I've tried using Devour to give my teammates a way of healing, even marking enemies so that other teammates can see them, but 9/10 times (or 10/10 times in my experience) teammates would rather shoot the enemy before they can even realise they could heal from it. Same with Scarab Swarming a group of enemies, your teammates will likely clear the room before they can get healed

I... Did not know allies could use my devour. Good to know.

18 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Sandstorm is a meme ability that probably recieved more usage in referencing it to that song

That's one I disagree with, but probably only because I use the Augment mod with a corrosive melee. It otherwise is pretty bad, yeah.

4 minutes ago, Darkfeather21 said:

I... Did not know allies could use my devour. Good to know.

That's one I disagree with, but probably only because I use the Augment mod with a corrosive melee. It otherwise is pretty bad, yeah.

I should probably check what the augment is. not seen it personally.