Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Think That Nekros Should Not Look Like A Skeleton? Picture Inside.

Kaibah

I mean, the Warframes are supposed to be suits that are worn by people, and while the Nekros design is kinda cool, I think it's extremely odd that he looks like a skeleton. Wouldn't it be better if his body was buffed up to look more...human? Below I'll show a picture of a crude and quick edit I did in Microsoft Paint, to give you an idea of how that could look:

Warframe-MyNekrochangesFINAL_zpsdf0ccb4a

What do you think?

Who said there are full humans inside?

Well, we've seen characters with human like qualities in things like cryo-pods. I don't know if they are fully human inside the Warframes, but the evidence is pretty strong that they are some kind of humanoid, no?

That looks gross.

Like I said, it's a crude edit. Look at it in the sense that things such as his arms and legs have more bulk, instead of the current skeleton look.

Sure he looks human, just not like a healthy human.  Which makes sense, since his theme is death.

Yes, his theme is death, but doesn't the general design and skills show this anyway?

Well, we've seen characters with human like qualities in things like cryo-pods. I don't know if they are fully human inside the Warframes, but the evidence is pretty strong that they are some kind of humanoid, no?

Like I said, it's a crude edit. Look at it in the sense that things such as his arms and legs have more bulk, instead of the current skeleton look.

Yes, his theme is death, but doesn't the general design and skills show this anyway?

I mean it doesn't need to be muscular.

The way he looks now just fits, even if it is unrealistic to a human.

Then again, Tenno may not be human so who are we to judge what their anatomy should be like?

Well, we've seen characters with human like qualities in things like cryo-pods. I don't know if they are fully human inside the Warframes, but the evidence is pretty strong that they are some kind of humanoid, no?

Naked Nick (cryopod guy) was a filler, at one point he was the hostage or rescue target as well, can't remember which. Not sure what's going on with him though seeing as he is still around.

The rescue targets are never actually said to be Tenno either.

Edited by Silraed

I mean it doesn't need to be muscular.

The way he looks now just fits, even if it is unrealistic to a human.

Then again, Tenno may not be human so who are we to judge what their anatomy should be like?

You say that it fits, but is that only because his theme is death? Does his design and skills not already show this? Would it not fit better and be more consistent that his body proportions be more normal like the other humanoid shaped Warframes? I think so.

I'll address the 'human' point below.

Naked Nick (cryopod guy) was a filler, at one point he was the hostage or rescue target as well, can't remember which. Not sure what's going on with him though seeing as he is still around.

The rescue targets are never actually said to be Tenno either.

You say he's a filler, but what proof do you have of this? Maybe it will stay like that. Also, the rescue targets may not be Tenno, but look at the facts:

- The Warframes in general have a humanoid shape.

- Lotus looks like a human.

- The Warframes are suits to be worn.

- Dark Sector is now canon apparently, and it seems the first Tenno was a human.

It goes on and on. We don't know if they are fully human now, but I think evidence points strongely that they are, and even if you can't accept that, you have to admit that they are definitely humanoid, no?

Edited by Kaibah

You say that it fits, but is that only because his theme is death? Does his design and skills not already show this? Would it not fit better and be more consistent that his body proportions be more normal like the other humanoid shaped Warframes? I think so.

You say he's a filler, but what proof do you have of this? Maybe it will stay like that. Also, the rescue targets may not be Tenno, but look at the facts:

- Dark Sector is now canon apparently, and it seems the first Tenno was a human.

It goes on and on. We don't know if they are fully human now, but I think evidence points strongely that they are, and even if you can't accept that, you have to admit that they are definitely humanoid, no?

If the Grim Reaper were some really overly buff/fat guy it just would not make sense.

You need to look the part as well as play the part.

If the Grim Reaper were some really overly buff/fat guy it just would not make sense.

You need to look the part as well as play the part.

Well, he's not the Grim Reaper, and I'm not even suggesting Nekros be fat! Although my rushed edit was maybe a bit too muscular, surely the general idea of my meaning is clear...

Note that I wrote "was a filler" and "not sure what's going on as he is still around", even I don't know if they have decided to keep him or not. But he was a filler at one point, even said so by DE I believe.

I am not arguing that they are not humanoid or descended from humans, I am saying who knows what they are now. If Hayden Tenno is the first Tenno, which as you say was basically confirmed, his powers/suit came from basically being infected. I doubt, and many other people are the same as this conversation has been around forever, that generations of Tenno would get by without any kind of serious mutation.

Sorry but do you even realise the size of the warframes? The frame itself is bulkier than the actual person inside, and Nekros is no exception. His body size is perfectly fine, and good enough for a person to fit into.

I agree with you that the frames are bigger than the actual person, but think about what you're saying. So, the person inside the Nekros suit is even skinnier than he is now! Freaky. He's probably something like this:

Anorexic-Borat---40619.jpg

Edited by Kaibah

What if the other 'frames are all very fit, and Nekros/Nova are the 'slight/athlethic build people.

Because I like how he looks right now, lanky and thin. Fits his low health/shields stats.

Well, at least Nova looks more believable. Nekros looks like some anorexic skeleton running around and battling in dangerous combat zones!

That was hypothetical...

My point still stands.

Hypothetical? More like just making up stuff. How those points stand baffles me.

Note that I wrote "was a filler" and "not sure what's going on as he is still around", even I don't know if they have decided to keep him or not. But he was a filler at one point, even said so by DE I believe.

Doesn't that just add to my argument more? We have this human type character being a rescue target or whatever, and now we've got this human type character being placed in some sort of Warframe cryo-pod.

I am not arguing that they are not humanoid or descended from humans, I am saying who knows what they are now. If Hayden Tenno is the first Tenno, which as you say was basically confirmed, his powers/suit came from basically being infected. I doubt, and many other people are the same as this conversation has been around forever, that generations of Tenno would get by without any kind of serious mutation.

Why would they all have serious mutations? Wouldn't they all have claws and stuff like Hayden? We clearly don't see this kind of effect on the characters. The lore already confirms that Warframes are suits, so they've clearly been able to harness the Technocyte virus or whatever to make these suits.  Could there be slight mutations? Maybe, but they have to be mostly human or the look of the suits wouldn't be humanoid looking like they are.

Doesn't that just add to my argument more? We have this human type character being a rescue target or whatever, and now we've got this human type character being placed in some sort of Warframe cryo-pod.

Why would they all have serious mutations? Wouldn't they all have claws and stuff like Hayden? We clearly don't see this kind of effect on the characters. The lore already confirms that Warframes are suits, so they've clearly been able to harness the Technocyte virus or whatever to make these suits.  Could there be slight mutations? Maybe, but they have to be mostly human or the look of the suits wouldn't be humanoid looking like they are.

It adds nothing to either argument, it is a point with equal arguments on both sides.

That's not exactly what I meant, it's late I am tired and I worded it badly. But this isn't going anywhere or being constructive so I am going to end it (you do not win, let me make that clear :P).

It has been too long since I had a good discussion like that, I say thank you and respect your views and ideas.

Looking the part you play baffles you? My word..

I'll remember to dress up in a tutu and be the Grim Reaper and remember your logic.

No, making up stuff and putting words in my mouth is what's baffling. Making out like I suggest that Nekros should be an 'overly fat/buff' guy is ridiculous. Also, Nekros can still look the part of his theme without looking like a complete skeleton.

It adds nothing to either argument, it is a point with equal arguments on both sides.

What doesn't? We have things such as humanoid looking characters in several areas, but stuff like that adds nothing to either argument? How does any of it even add to your argument at all?

That's not exactly what I meant, it's late I am tired and I worded it badly. But this isn't going anywhere or being constructive so I am going to end it (you do not win, let me make that clear :P).

Then why end it? Prove me wrong and continue when you can do so.

It has been too long since I had a good discussion like that, I say thank you and respect your views and ideas.

Yes, it has been a good discussion and I also thank you for that.

Edited by Kaibah