Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Archwing Blink Not Working & Button Conflicts

(PSN)warezIbanez

So considering the... idea... of giving Itzal's ability to Blink to every Archwing, it seems clear that the Blink ability was tied to the Roll keybind, and yet the keybind only exists on PC (or at least Sprint / Roll and Crouch, Slide, and Roll exist on PS4.) So for the meantime, the best that can be done for console Tenno is to dodge roll using Left, Right, or Down with the left stick and (Crouch, Slide, and Roll or Sprint / Roll.) Blink needs to be bound to any keybind on PC and button on console that involves rolling, period.
In addition to this, the Move Down keybind / button negates the dodging abilities with Sprint / Roll or Crouch, Slide, and Roll in Archwing. I would advise changing the control scheme for Move Down to a different button if anyone wants to dodge incoming missiles.
Lastly, I want to throw it out there that removing the ability to manually roll in Archwing was a mistake, and that Skywing was the control scheme that should have been implemented across the game period (save for melee exiting Archwing- it should be the Focus / Transference button.)

Oh, so they did bind the universal blink to roll, and then not bother fixing the combined roll/slide/crouch bind on consoles?  Why am I completely unsurprised?

Honestly what they should do, and should have done when archwings were first introduced, is separate the archwing controls from the regular ground controls.  Why two wildly different control environments have the same binding page is absolutely mind boggling.

Move up and down are not needed as far as I can tell. This could have been addressed already, or just not updated the console to the S#&$ version before shipping it everywhere. Classic DE, nerfing the fun right out of the 1% of the game that works.