Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's mandachord is broken for me.

NorwhaleRae

Here's what happens. I have a song loaded into my mandachord that i use for gameplay and whenever I load into a pub game, the mandachord will only play Octavia's default song meanwhile whenever I play in solo, invite or friends only it loads my mandachord song just fine. This started when Empyrean launched. 

My current theory to this is that it has to do with hosting but I'll need to investigate further. I will also attempt to verify my game files and see if there is an issue there. 

Edit: I've tested it with and without other players present (while host) and it seems that my mandachord works perfectly fine while host. I also tried verifying my files and the issued prevailed. No idea what to do from here. 

Edited by FluffyNorwhale
Update on theory
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChargingElincia said:

Yeah it's tied to railjack. When I stay out of railjack missions it works perfectly fine, but whenever I go into a railjack mission it defaults.

It's in every single pub mission for me, I haven't even played Railjack yet. I've had to solo disruption missions just so I could play my favorite frame and it's really annoying as pub is quite fun

15 minutes ago, ChargingElincia said:

Yeah it's tied to railjack. When I stay out of railjack missions it works perfectly fine, but whenever I go into a railjack mission it defaults.

Does it default whenever you join a mission outside of railjack and where you are not host, or does it work normally then? 

My song keeps defaulting to something random. I relogged and entered 1 mission solo and it played my song, but joining a defense mission it went back to default music. Only my friend who is host can hear "my" song. Everyone else hears random pewp.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

On 2019-12-14 at 9:16 PM, FluffyNorwhale said:

It's in every single pub mission for me, I haven't even played Railjack yet. I've had to solo disruption missions just so I could play my favorite frame and it's really annoying as pub is quite fun

Ditto.  

Mandachord works "as intended" while hosting but defaults as client.

I know how this lag is working, The song is playing only for host. If you are host (party leader) the song will be alright, but only for you. Your team will hear standard song and see standard waves from 3 skill. If you are connecting to someone and you are not party leader team will have your song, but for you it would be standard. That's how it is

I'm getting something like this too, since Empyrean. Any mission, Railjack or otherwise, would have some song pattern that was completely different to the one in my mandachord. I went and checked my Mandachord, even cleared it and remade my song, but same problem. The next day when I logged in I changed from appearance A to B and it worked fine, but I hadn't thought about the host thing - I was the host today. I will test again tomorrow but suspect it is fine if I am the host, but otherwise not. 

Confirmed something else. Octavia works fine for the host, even if the host isn't Octavia. So if I'm Octavia and my friend is host, he can hear my song but I hear the default. For me, cloak (Nocturn) works as though I have the default song, but it works normally for the host as they can see and hear my song. Very annoying.

• 2 years later...