Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Failing To Keep People Interested...

ChaiVat

Low player activity, in general.  Anyone have thoughts?  Redundancy?  Boredom? Lacking content and game objectives?  Is this another game that went up like a blazing rocket, only to come crashing down just as fast?

Just curious...

the biggest issue with my clan mates as of late has been burnout.

they farm real heavy right after a content drop, hunting for keys or whatever, only to be met with ever increasing walls of grind and rng.

after doing 30 void runs in a row, it gets a little old... so they take a break.. and a few days pass.

rng + grind + more rng + more grind = burnout

its an endless cycle though... for most of them anyway.

they always come back when something "new" is here.

Edited by alchemistjkt

It's not really player activtiy

It's really sustained continuation

The Orokin Derelict was a very nice add on. But after a week or so, everyone got what they wanted and it returned to normal.

To really keep players active DE would have to redo it from the ground up and solve core problems.

Edited by cozzi21

I don't think there is lack of content lol there is plenty of levels and tilesets and plenty of weapons and frames. It's just so much of the game feels a lot the same... The golum boss was fun and awesome but it loses its effect after a few runs.

Right now my outlook on the game has changed from grinding to wanting to help other players out. I mean I have pretty much everything I want in the game. today I went to wave 30 on an od defense mission and it was boring. So instead of playing for myself I am thinking of starting a clan, making some friends or just helping new players out. It is still a great game and I can't wait to try out more stuff but still you have to change your outlook or you lose interest. 

game have grind. not a content.

as it now i fancy myself with steamrolling MDs. because it is the only mode with mutiple objectives and some hints of teamplay (such as don't mess with spawn points).

game is empty, and unfortunately DE thinks that more stuff to grind is actually content for a game.

i have lost a player today. for DE it's not a big deal, for me - it is.

Edited by Althix

I've seen just as much player activity as I always do. If anything, I've actually seen more player activity than usual.

same here

game have grind. not a content.

as it now i fancy myself with steamrolling MDs. because it is the only mode with mutiple objectives and some hints of teamplay (such as don't mess with spawn points).

game is empty, and unfortunatelly DE thinks that more stuff to grind is actually content for a game.

i have lost a player today. for DE it's not a big deal, for me - it is.

what?

some games can be grindy, why does it seem like none of you have ever played borderlands or borderlands 2 before?   and I appreciate the new content that DE releases, while ill let THERE CODER TEAM fix bugs.

im here to stay, I think the game is great.  and the grind is seriously not that bad, 200 runs for a systems? in borderlands I ran more just to get that pearlescent sniper, then ran it 200 more times to get a better one damage wise.

WIth a lack of a distinct long-term focus the game turns into grinding for your optimal set of special snowflake gear, and mods for more power.

Players come back for content updates because potentially there are better things to grind and better places to do it, and typically after experiencing the new content they go dark again. As someone who has run all the tilesets, has a million sets of special snowflake gear, and is nearing max-ranked mods this is how I experience the game.

I feel like this has heavily influenced design; DEs solution is to mass produce things to grind to bring back people but due to the effort to do just that they fail to seriously address fundamental problems with gameplay and rewards in a signficant way.

Gameplay can stale because players are not rewarded meaningfully for pursuing alternate styles of play. 

So uh... if you are seeing less people then maybe it's this.

same here

what?

some games can be grindy, why does it seem like none of you have ever played borderlands or borderlands 2 before?   and I appreciate the new content that DE releases, while ill let THERE CODER TEAM fix bugs.

im here to stay, I think the game is great.  and the grind is seriously not that bad, 200 runs for a systems? in borderlands I ran more just to get that pearlescent sniper, then ran it 200 more times to get a better one damage wise.

Borderlands isn't even a fair comparison. You know why? BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY HAS STORY TO INTEREST PEOPLE

A major reason for me quitting (for now) is the fact that you fight the same 3 factions from beginning planet to the final planet. Nothing interesting ever happens to them and it only takes a few encounters to figure out how to cope with each enemy. This game needs new enemy factions, but not even that would make it more interesting because you can still faceroll across your #4 key and clear room after room instantly. This game needs a lot of rework >.>

Borderlands isn't even a fair comparison. You know why? BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY HAS STORY TO INTEREST PEOPLE

never even cared about the story, I played the game cause I liked it.  If you want a story, go read a book, if you like the game play it. If not? don't.

same here

what?

No offence meant at all by saying this, but your one of the few that doesn't mind that experience to get the end reward.

Most players would give up before 50, and within 100 would quit the game

It took me 12 hours to get trinity systems...doiing speed runs with my speed built up loki. 12 hours of a 4 minute mission.

The core problem they have to fix is how the RNG works.

I'm close to 300 hours now.... never seen a stalker blue print, I have fought him countless times, made him run away all but twice and even killed him ~10 times.

Not a single BP, the RNG needs rework to be more accomodating.

No offence meant at all by saying this, but your one of the few that doesn't mind that experience to get the end reward.

It took me 12 hours to get trinity systems...doiing speed runs with my speed built up loki. 12 hours of a 4 minute mission.

I'm close to 300 hours now.... never seen a stalker blue print, I have fought him countless times, made him run away all but twice and even killed him ~10 times.

and I totally respect your opinion.  But again it is random, lets put it into perspective.  lets say in order to get a soda you have to roll 5  6's.  not in a row just 5 all together,  you could roll that dice 50 times, and that's just 6 items.  now im not saying lets fix the rng, frankly I think its fine, fix the content of whats in the rng to generate.  like throwing in new primes in the void.  new content is essential to keeping the dice around "6" instead of "12"

About the Stalker:

See the bastard at least once a day when it's not two or three times a day (the bastard loves me apparently) and when he drops soomething it's always the bloody Dread Bow (i hate bow gameplay) or the Hate, which i don't love one bit. The Despair knives however never got' em can someone explain that 2 me!? 

About the Stalker:

See the bastard at least once a day when it's not two or three times a day (the bastard loves me apparently) and when he drops soomething it's always the bloody Dread Bow (i hate bow gameplay) or the Hate, which i don't love one bit. The Despair knives however never got' em can someone explain that 2 me!? 

cant really explain this too you, just stick with it is all I can say, I got dread after dread after dread with a few hates in between,  I officially got my despair last week.  It happens.

to a "what?" guy. I am rank 12, I have more than 1000 hours of gameplay. Do you really think you can judge my opinion about this game? game is not evolving. All you can do here is to grind mats for weapon, build a weapon, level a weapon, forma it and level again. Again, again and again. It is the same circle of grind over last 3 major updates, only content you can have is to run MD, ED and now Survival in order to get either xp or resources and this is about it. Nothing. Else. At. All.

How long you are playing? 100h? 150h? i am sure no more than 150h.

Game have zero challenge, zero coop or teamplay, S#&$loads of bugs which are dated back to U8. Same loads of useless garbage that only pollutes the game. Grind is not a content.

New game modes is a content. Even lore is a content. Not a grind. Grind must be a addition to content, not it's core.

Edited by Althix

cant really explain this too you, just stick with it is all I can say, I got dread after dread after dread with a few hates in between,  I officially got my despair last week.  It happens.

I hope ur are right...I'm very peeky on the weapons i own ingame and which one i build and the Despair are the one i most crave. Let's see when my daily stalker gives them to me :P

to a "what?" guy. I am rank 12, I have more than 1000 hours of gameplay. Do you really think you can judge my opinion about this game? game is not evolving. All you can do here is to grind mats for weapon, build a weapon, level a weapon, forma it and level again. Again, again and again. It is the same circle of grind over last 3 major updates, only content you can have is to run MD, ED and now Survival in order to get either xp or resources and this is about it. Nothing. Else. At. All.

Game have zero challenge, zero coop or teamplay, S#&$loads of bugs which are dated back to U8. Same loads of useless carbage that only polutes the game. Grind is not a content.

New game modes is a content. Even lore is a content. Not a grind. Grind must be a addition to content, not it's core.

none of the above resemble me on your attempt to pin me down, however I respect your opinion as well, and it is YOUR opinion. the game presents a challenge IF YOU MAKE ONE, this game has teamplay its there, ive seen it, surely a man of 1000 hours would know this, grind is content, its part of the game sorry to tell you.

sincerely, the "100: to "150" hour guy

Game have zero challenge, zero coop or teamplay, S#&$loads of bugs which are dated back to U8. Same loads of useless garbage that only polutes the game. Grind is not a content.

New players come, old players go, that's how MMO works. Even the Great WoW is losing people everyday. You can't satisfy every player, new contents = new grinding. 

And please stop making yourself sound so superior just because you play for 1000 hours. I know as much as you do when it comes to Warframe. This game is easy and straightforward, don't make it sounds like something complicated. 

Let me try being you: "Hey look I am Grand Master, you Master scrubs have no right to judge me!!!!!"

Edited by LastToDie

Game have zero challenge, zero coop or teamplay, S#&$loads of bugs which are dated back to U8. Same loads of useless garbage that only pollutes the game. Grind is not a content.

I don't have a 1000 hours gameplay experience like u but i have some gaming experience (not to brag about it) but i def agree with you on this one. 

I love this game a lot but i'm starting to wonder about it's future (i hope for the best really). I'm seeing how new'er players are doing/ playing it and it's just appalling to see how everything is just handed to them. 

I believe that lack of lore, mastery ranking meaning nothing (should be giving access to better weapons/warframes), lack of different title sets and factions is killing the game for older or more demanding players, the void (which i can't stand anymore) is like a trend and a grinding spot.... I want more of this game and i don't know when it will come. 

the biggest issue with my clan mates as of late has been burnout.

they farm real heavy right after a content drop, hunting for keys or whatever, only to be met with ever increasing walls of grind and rng.

after doing 30 void runs in a row, it gets a little old... so they take a break.. and a few days pass.

rng + grind + more rng + more grind = burnout

its an endless cycle though... for most of them anyway.

they always come back when something "new" is here.

This is the best answer, thanks.  I totally agree.  We used to suffer from this and see a 'trend', when playing about 8years of Lineage 2...so, I totally agree with this comment.

It's not really player activtiy

It's really sustained continuation

The Orokin Derelict was a very nice add no. But after a week or so, everyone got what they wanted and it returned to normal.

To really keep players active DE would have to redo it from the ground up and solve core problems.

Agreed.  So, my original comment/question might be hitting on the issue of "redundancy"...I hope DE has a plan to keep things fresh, otherwise, people who have been playing for a severral months, will be the one's that log-in less.  "New players" will be what the only hope for the dev's to rely on.

It's all grind, repetition, and RNG on the same boring maps.  Sure there are different tilesets and they are randomized so that each level is in a way "different" but they're still the same stuff.  What DE needs to do is make actual UNIQUE environments based on the location of the level.  I mean we we have the entire solar system but from Mercury to Pluto and beyond nothing really changes.  

Each planet or moon or major location should have a unique level or two.  

Like say the defense mission Olympus on Mars.  Make it actually be on Olympus Mons on Mars.  You have a defensive location on some mountain top base and the enemies attack you.   I remember the Mars mission on Mass Effect 3 and it was awesome because you knew right away you were acually on Mars, not just some generic mountainy, snowy landscape.  

Or Earth.  It's supposed to be the seat of the Grineer Empire, so make a mission where you're actually in a Grineer city or the level Everest.  Make it on Mount Everest in the HImalayans.  

With the bigger planets like Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune make the planets visible from the levels.  Say we're in a ship near Neptune.  Make it so that if we look out a window we can acutally see Neptune.  Right now each mission just might as well be on, Random planet 33 or whatever.  Add some uniqueness to this stuff.