Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where To Get Exclusive Items Once The Founder's Pack Expires?

Biscuithammer

Are we going to see these things added to the Void? I really hate this limited content business. Especially when it comes to things like the Excalibur Prime. The Excalibur is the signature frame of Warframe, and it seems bizarre to me that you wouldn't let players gain access to the Prime version of this frame, and two of the starting weapons (Lato Prime and Skana Prime). Even worse are event-only items. You can't even purchase those. Players who actually start this game when it's "released" are going to be missing out on an incredible amount of stuff. At least give us a chance with the Excalibur Prime and the weapons. Call the founder's items the Founder's Excalibur or something and leave things open for a new Excalibur Prime design to be obtained by players.

I feel I need to state this again since I've already stated it in this post but I am NOT saying that players should gain access to the Founder's gear. Rename the Founder's gear to things like "Founder's Excalibur" "Origin Excalibur" "Haydenite Excalibur" I just want a chance at a DIFFERENT Excalibur Prime that's available to all players like EVERY bit of Prime gear.

Edited by Biscuithammer

They're 99% cosmetic items.

Cosmetics don't need to be available to everyone in order to have a "fair" game.

Primes aren't just cosmetic. In fact, just being Prime is reason enough for why it shouldn't be exclusive. EVERY Warframe and Tenno made weapon is going to be Primed eventually but the signature Warframe, pistol, and sword won't be able to be accessed by ANYONE after that date.

Straight from the announcement.

"None of these in-game items will be available again."

Okay, but can they just be renamed? I'd like a Prime version of Excalibur at some point without having to pay for a Founder's pack. You guys get your Excalibur Vandal or whatever and then players can get access to an Excalibur Prime like they'll eventually be able to do with every single other frame.

still have to bring into question what all DE means by exclusive...

now, before you bring the definition of exclusive to me and call me an idiot, think about it...

many times you will hear exclusive used in tandem with asterisks and multiple bits of fine text telling you that what your getting isnt really exclusive.

worse still, often times, they dont even have that...

"your getting this exclusive thing" and then everyone else gets it shortly after.

my favorite is many of the CoD map packs "get it exclusively on xbox... first"

hell, even DE has a hard time understanding exclusivity, just look at some of the past events and what not.

Okay, but can they just be renamed? I'd like a Prime version of Excalibur at some point without having to pay for a Founder's pack. You guys get your Excalibur Vandal or whatever and then players can get access to an Excalibur Prime like they'll eventually be able to do with every single other frame.

Nope. Tough luck.

Ok so new people are just always going to have to live with getting 12,000 mastery points less than others with more disposable income.

Just like new people have to live with not having event weapons, beta rewards and badges. Welcome to MMOs.

Edited by FatalX7

I don't think the exclusive reward items they've given out ( like mods) belong in the same category as founder items. The founder items are for people who supported the game when they needed it most.For those who had some faith in DE before there was a game really to back it up.

The exclusive items are for people who happened to be on the weekend they gave them away.

These items should (and no doubt will) remain exclusive to founders. If DE released them to the void, that'd literally be backstabbing their founders, which is a serious no-no. Also invites potential class action lawsuit.

BASICALLY if you want the stuff, you have to pay for founders.

Okay, why can't they just be renamed? "Founder Excalibur" sounds even more exclusive and that leaves it open for an Excalibur Prime.

What would be the point of that?  Unless the stats are different, it would just be a slap in the face.  "Here's your exclusive Founder Excalibur, that isn't in any way different from the Excalibur Prime that freebies have!"

If you want Excal Prime, show DE the cash.

Edited by Katakuna

I really hate this limited content business.

You're going to have a problem with most mmo games then if thats a issue. As for the excaliber, lato and skana prime if de holds up to their word this is the last chance to get them and afterwards there will be no method of aquiring them. However on one hand we have people that will whine like hell about it and de might make some changes, but then if de gives normal players a chance to obtain these three items in-game it'll piss alot of us who spent $200 to get them off due to the fact it'll just mean we wasted $200. Granted all i cared about was the platinum and cute little forum badge, it'd still tick me off that people get something for free that i spent cash on.

Edited by itsJustThomasHD

What would be the point of that?  Unless the stats are different, it would just be a slap in the face.

If you want Excal Prime, show DE the cash.

The point would be allowing players to gain access to an Excalibur Prime while still giving Founder's their little goodies. Why is it that the SIGNATURE Warframe for this game should be the only one with an exclusive Prime version?