Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want To Buy Plat. But I Can't Bring Myself To Spend It.

ArcSynder

I got into closed beta a while back, but only really started getting into warframe this open beta weekend since some of my friends started playing.

I've been having a blast. I'm generally pretty good with spending ~$30 or so on F2P games that I enjoy, so I figured I'd go pick up a founder's, especially since I've had my eye on the frost frame.

...and I've been unable to bring myself to do it. The $20 package is NOT ENOUGH for a single frost warframe?!? I'm sorry DE, but if prices stay like this I'll just stick to grinding out blueprints as a free player.

I certainly agree that spending it on slots is a good idea, and if you care about customizing your colors get a color palette or something... also buying catalyst/reactors can easily save time as well. Generally speaking buying full warframes/weapons are really just to speed things up and isn't really "affordable" in the greater scheme of things. I do believe these come fully unlocked so no reactor/catalyst is required, though I enjoy the game so farming mats and waiting time is no problem for me.

...and I've been unable to bring myself to do it. The $20 package is NOT ENOUGH for a single frost warframe?!? I'm sorry DE, but if prices stay like this I'll just stick to grinding out blueprints as a free player.

Then do it and don't complain about the price of one to three Warframes.

I don't even see the point in this. "Oh woe is me, it costs too much, so I'll just get it for free then"

Like, wat.

I bought hunter level because I figured it would take me a long time to burn through that much platinum if I just super charged and bought slots. So far my plan is working great. There wouldn't be much to do in this game if you didn't farm BP so it seemed kinda silly to buy them outright.

Yeah I'm not remotely tempted to buy a full frame upgrades and all. slots on the otherhand.. maybe. but I'm holding out for a change to the platinum only policy for those. As for now I started a new account to try different frames. I mean as much as I say I hate my volt frame I still havent deleted it. The special helmet I got from alert for it today doesnt help.

The best way to spend plat is on the cheapest warframes: Loki, Excalibur and Volt. They individually cost 75 plat.

I bought two helmets for my maxed out warframes just to "complete" the set and go on, but it was totally not worth the 75 plat, so when i bought hunters package i at first didn't intend it to be for warframes (there is no fun in that) only upgrades and stuff i couldnt get with farming.

The best way to spend plat is on the cheapest warframes: Loki, Excalibur and Volt. They individually cost 75 plat.

or you could create a new account to play on those warframes.

even if you don't, that's not the "best" way to spend plat. perhaps you mean, "cheapest warframe you can get with plat" ..

like others have mentioned, "best" purchases would be for warframe/inventory slots, and maybe orokins if you're lazy like me.

color pickers sure, not really worth the plats (almost 4 orokin for one, altho the valentine's colors are nice for 30!), colors are colors.

all in all, it's your own decision whether or not you want to spend it on one thing or the other.

As this is a free to play game the more people who grind instead of buying platinum means the fewer ££$$ DE will get.

So surely it would make sense for them to make platinum a little cheaper so people are more tempted to buy it?

Seems they are unintentionally encouraging grinding (which people seem prepared to do) and so losing out on potential money.

Seems a flaw in their business model.

Edited by Evangelion69

As this is a free to play game the more people who grind instead of buying platinum means the fewer ££$$ DE will get.

So surely it would make sense for them to make platinum a little cheaper so people are more tempted to buy it?

Seems they are unintentionally encouraging grinding (which people seem prepared to do) and so losing out on potential money.

No, it's a fairly typical free to play business model.

People are just too impatient to actually look at everything.

Edited by FatalX7

They get those people that farm by charging for slots.

It seems that there are a lot of people that dont like selling weapons so they NEED to get weapons slots which are very cheap. 12 Plat for 2.

Spend on colours or catalysts when you need them. I think the shop is in a terrible state right now, as in for DE. Anything is easily acquirable for free by simply playing. Sure you sometimes gotta camp alerts (even though I never did) to get catalysts but thats besides the point.

Now I love the fact that you can get anything for free, but Im just concerned for DE, I suppose they will add different items and cosmetics in the future.

All in all I am really grateful to be able to get anything for free :P

I'm only using plat for things I can't obtain in-game, like inventory slots and color options. I enjoy running the assassination missions. If I were to buy all the frames, I'd be left with one less reason to play.

pretty much what I'm doing too. Though I bought my first 2 frames mostly because I wanted to start the game with them.

I'm only using plat for things I can't obtain in-game, like inventory slots and color options. I enjoy running the assassination missions. If I were to buy all the frames, I'd be left with one less reason to play.

Yeah, the more I play this game the closer I get to dropping some cash on it. I still think that anything that costs more than $20 is insane, but I'll probably pick up some slots and possibly volt soon.

Can anyone explain to me how the upgrade from $20 founders to $50 works? (IE how much do you lose?)

Yeah, the more I play this game the closer I get to dropping some cash on it. I still think that anything that costs more than $20 is insane, but I'll probably pick up some slots and possibly volt soon.

Can anyone explain to me how the upgrade from $20 founders to $50 works? (IE how much do you lose?)

from my experience you don't lose anything. I upgraded to master and I got the additional $50 worth (not including the original $50). I don't think you lose anything though, it just adds on to your initial purchase.