Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excaliburs Radial Javelin Needs A Buff

K0bra

The obstacle issue would be minimized if, rather than the javelins using the Excalibur as the point of origin, the Excalibur threw a javelin upwards about ten feet and it then exploded outwards.  That way the javelins would pass over low obstacles like crates and not be wasted against cover.  It could also be a fairly awesome animation; throwing a spear into the ceiling which then explodes into little javelins that impale everything to the walls is fairly high on the badass scale.  Also, I may just not be properly observant, but it looked to me when I used it that Radial Javelin only impales enemies killed by it; survivors don't get thrown or impaled.  It would definitely up the utility of the power if even surviving enemies got pinned and immobilized.

I will give you that the animation is long and leaves you very vulnerable... but the damage is fine because there is a buff for it:

Bullet Attractor

Between a Max Focus, and my best friend's Mag, Radial Javelin has been my favorite Boss-Killer to use outside of the Strun Wraith

I don't think that Radial Javelin needs a buff, i think it needs a tweak.

Each javelin should pierce all enemies in its way like for a skewer. And no limit for the number of targets. The fact that the javelins do not cover the entire zone is sufficient.

But that is only my opinion.

Edited by Yaer

Radial jav with 100% bleed proc=fx'd 

On the other hand, you gotta use blind before you use the ulti, that's how I used to do it. 

Blind is the best CC ability I've ever used so I don't see why not use it. Alternatively the animation can be sped up. 

But don't feel bad, frost's avalanche is in the same level except it doesn't need LoS.