Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too many Insta-Death via One-Shots when embarking / disembarking in Railjack.

Argenex

Pretty much what the title says; constantly being one-shotted when you embark or disembark, instantly, is insanely annoying.

It also limits what frames you can bring into railjack missions, as you obviously want to avoid that so then you're bringing super tanky

frames to avoid it; Railjack should be for all frames, period.

Here's the instances where insta-death constantly occur;

• Dis-embarking the Railjack / Enemy Craft / Space Station into archwing, BAM YOU'RE DEAD before the cinematic of you exiting has even completed, gee thanks game.
  • Embarking on an Boarded Railjack / Enemy Craft / Space Station, BAM YOU'RE DEAD before the screen finishes loading the area you just entered, gee thanks game. Usually 1 grineer near there pew pewing.
  • Teleporting back to the Railjack via Omni either from enemy craft/station or archwing and there are boarders there, BAM YOU'RE DEAD before the screen finishes loading the area you just entered.
  • Teleporting to a part of the railjack via tactical where boarders are BAM YOU'RE DEAD before the teleportation sequence of crazy camera zoom finishes. This happens EVEN WHEN you're on a tank frame or with a buff / invunerability / damage mitigation is active. That tells me something is broken with the grineer boarders. Below is frames I have experienced this with.
    • Rhino, 9663 rhino skin up, teleported to the boarders via tactical, died instantly.
    • Mesa, Shatter Shield up, spot boarders as entering the room on the ship they are on, shot at and die instantly.
      • I have thoroughly tested Mesa in Railjack, when boarders are coming (or if I hear the ramsled, I immediatly activate SS) her Shattershield is constantly bi-passed by the grineer who are shooting. (Yes I realize that it only is supposed to reflect projectiles and hit scan bullets, but it isn't properly blocking them from the grineer, or they are doing a damage type that isn't toxin which is by-passing it somehow.)
        • Died instantly once due to a heavy gunner who boarded, while shatter shield was active
        • Died several times to lancers shooting at me
    • Nekros, Shadows of the Dead with Shield of Shadows augment,  spawn 7 SotD
      • Died instantly when shot at across the room by grineer boarders, didn't matter that I had SotD active. 7 x 6% should be 42% damage reduction at the least?

In the case of the disembark / embark insta-deaths, it's pretty much like they were already shooting at you while you were busying loading a cinematic or a camera effect. This why forcing us into automated cinematics all of the time is such a bad idea from a design perspective for a space ninja fast shooter.

Edited by Argenex

Yeah, I can relate to it.

I got killed by the same crewship twice: 1st time when disembarking the railjack and the 2nd time after disembarking the very same crewship after sabotaging it without killing its pilot and gunners (this is the reason why I've started killing pilots and gunners). Both times during the 'cut to black' screen when I can only hear stuff happening around and not seeing anything.

The cut-scene delays is pretty significant, sometimes in heavy firefights after numerous warps between levels it can reach a whole second of a black screen.

3 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

You don't think cinematic animations without invincibility phase are ok? I think it is totally fine to get one-shot when you have absolutely no control over your character. It is challenging.

:clem:

I take it you haven't witnessed broken lights period in the game?
Well, imagine you're loading into a mission and you're already dead by the time "jumping out of the vents" cutscene starts playing.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I honestly don't even know exactly which Enemy is Murdering me So Harder...

The Raiders are Weilding Tonkors, the Bombards are Weilding Ogrises, The Eviscerators are Weilding Miters....

Or maybe it's just the Combination of all these Enemies together that Get me killed 🤔