The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who needs a Ivara Build that works?

(XBOX)XGN DrFeelGood

Or, since Prime frames function identically to their vanilla counterparts in terms of abilities, you could just look up literally any Ivara build. I don't need someone to re-explain how I should be modding her now that she's got a bit more Sprint Speed and Energy and a couple more polarities.

30 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Or, since Prime frames function identically to their vanilla counterparts in terms of abilities, you could just look up literally any Ivara build. I don't need someone to re-explain how I should be modding her now that she's got a bit more Sprint Speed and Energy and a couple more polarities.

All the partners has that time. They wasted it on empyrean instead of showing new options with the primed versions.

For example, Vaubanprime can be played in the power strength build. The vanilla can’t handle that.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

Vaubanprime can be played in the power strength build. The vanilla can’t handle that.

Um, what?

There's literally no difference in abilities or ability stats between Primes and Vanilla, and you can Forma and potato anything to have any combination of mods you want on it, within reason.

Show me the "power strength build" on Vauban Prime, and I'll show you a however-many-forma'd Vanilla Vauban build that can do exactly the same stuff aside from the Prime just having a bit more Shields and Armor. I've even got the wiki open in another tab, and there is no further difference between the two aside from the universal Prime Passive that lets them get energy from Death Orbs.

13 hours ago, Dreddeth said:

Um, what?

There's literally no difference in abilities or ability stats between Primes and Vanilla, and you can Forma and potato anything to have any combination of mods you want on it, within reason.

Show me the "power strength build" on Vauban Prime, and I'll show you a however-many-forma'd Vanilla Vauban build that can do exactly the same stuff aside from the Prime just having a bit more Shields and Armor. I've even got the wiki open in another tab, and there is no further difference between the two aside from the universal Prime Passive that lets them get energy from Death Orbs.

The goal is it help the community enjoy the game. If a primed version got bonus armor or bonus health it can be game changing. Valkyr Prime with bonus armor has opened more options. Ivara can be Umbra fied with their prime. It helps to move the character from depending on Prowl most of the time.

1 hour ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

The goal is it help the community enjoy the game. If a primed version got bonus armor or bonus health it can be game changing. Valkyr Prime with bonus armor has opened more options. Ivara can be Umbra fied with their prime. It helps to move the character from depending on Prowl most of the time.

You know I've got the wiki open in a separate tab, right? I'm getting secondhand embarrassment from how often it indicates that the logic behind your opinions is deeply flawed.

100 additional armor on a frame that already had 600 armor is actually not that big of a change thanks to the diminishing returns of armor stacking. Comparing Steel Fiber on the vanilla to Steel Fiber on the prime, Valkyr goes from 80.77% damage reduction to 83.05% damage reduction. To put that in perspective, it's actually less impactful compared to Zephyr Prime's armor buff (from 15 to 75), which is still 50 away from the lowest point at which modding for more armor is useful, and yet increases her damage reduction from 4.76% to 20%.

Ultimately, neither change has affected how competent players mod either frame, so your point doesn't signify.

Also, Ivara Prime has the exact same base Health, Armor, and Power Strength stats as her Vanilla, meaning that both versions have far too little armor to justify modding for. As such, using an Umbral forma on either of them would be equally wasteful.

Funnily enough, you would have had an example to support your point if you had brought up Mirage Prime instead, who actually did receive a significant enough armor buff to justify running the entire Umbral set on her, but any frame aside from Ivara is beyond the scope of a discussion on how to build Ivara specifically.

Finally, if you want people to enjoy the game, then maybe stop spreading misinformation about how the game works.

latest?cb=20091230025747

Edited by Dreddeth

17 hours ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

All the partners has that time. They wasted it on empyrean instead of showing new options with the primed versions.

For example, Vaubanprime can be played in the power strength build. The vanilla can’t handle that.

new content or frame we have had for years with slight cosmetic differences and a minor stat bonus, yeah new content will always win

i havent watch your vid but that vauban comment seals that i will never ever take anything you say seriously again

• Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Clats01:

new content or frame we have had for years with slight cosmetic differences and a minor stat bonus, yeah new content will always win

i havent watch your vid but that vauban comment seals that i will never ever take anything you say seriously again

couldnt agree more.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood:

what level of content do u play ? ivara can never rely on her base stats to "tank". no tank frame is tanky because of some measely base stats alone, maybe aside of inaros. valkyr even with max armor + warcry +adaptation +arcane guardian is not even close to really tanky compared to other legit tanks, ignoring the issues armor stacking has tho thats the main reason for it. in relation its even better to not use too many +armor mods and just use warcry because the mod slots used arent worth it in relation to the improvement. 

now u try to tell ppl that joke of base armor and total armor ivara prime could have in the end matters ? maybe against level 20s...ivara will always be dependant on prowl since shes a legit stealth frame and designed around it, its her bread and butter skill unless someone wishes to use the arrow instead but thats still invisibility.

try tanking with loki or octavia without using abilities, or ash...same short story: ull be down in a split second as soon as enemies reach a relevant level which is the case for most frames which have no damage mitigation ability one way or another.

Edited by Xydeth
  • Like 1

On 2019-12-20 at 6:11 PM, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

your goal is to advertise your channel and get like and hits.

• Like 1