Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjacks and you! A guide to Empyrean, as told by a excited Railjack player

Stickman949

I didn't know where to put this guide for y'all just starting out on Railjack, so I figured the General Discussion might be a good place to put it. Anyways, on to the guide!

Congrats! You just spent 3 days building your railjack, did The Second Dream, spent 6 million credits, probably did the pre-empyrean grind, or went on a railjack mission to get your resources! Now go install your Cephalon and get ready to fly.

Railjack is Warframe's 2018's most hyped thing that... didn't launch last year, but instead this year, surprisingly during the Game Awards. I delved some time into Railjack, got so far with my Intrinsics, and now i'm here to give you a guide to working on making your railjack both ready for The New War and overall just for Empyrean.

First thing's first. Your railjack itself.
So you got your Railjack spaceworthy. Everything's awesome, everything's cool, but how do you get it flying? Well, you're stupid for not knowing how to open up the solar nav Just go to your navigation console as you would in your orbiter. It is located in your pilot room at the south of the railjack (Front). Open up a mission, and do it! But to be prepared for solo content pre-Command intrinsic, you must go public. That's right, you must INTERACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE, YOU INTROVERTS. Nah, I suspect most of you aren't introverts, but you still must interact with others. To do this, go public in your Orbiter, and click on the top right button that has a railjack on it. That'll be your "Join a crew" portion. Now, most of you all don't know what the tactical menu is, so I'll get into it within this next section.

Your saving grace, the Tactical Menu.
So you want a map of your railjack, want to see what others are doing, give a command to others, or just borrow a power from your buddies. That's where this baby comes in. By getting Rank 1 in tactical, you unlock the tactical menu, your saving grace for most, if not all, railjack missions. You press L, you open it up. Here, you can give Cy the intensive to nag the crap out of everyone to do a certain thing, or just hear the red old war cephalon talk, he's just that good. By unlocking Rank 2, you can use others's warframe powers using the same menu. Each warframe on your team comes with their own pre-set ability for you to use aboard your railjack. Rank 3 allows you to fast travel within your railjack, even from the outside (As long as someone is inside.) Rank 4 allows you to recall fast to your Railjack. If you're lucky enough to get to rank 10, you can warp to a specific person that you'd like.

Customization
Your railjack is your sanctuary, your chance in the New War, your home. But, you need to make it SEEM your own. Pick out your perfect color scheme for both interior and exterior, name your railjack (Mine's the Stickman HQ!), If you feel like you want anime names on it (*Golden Wind intensifies*), go for it. It's your railjack, you do as you please. You can also put glyphs that you own on your railjack. I'm gonna be leaving on my jingle kavat on my railjack all year round, cause it looks cute. :3 Anyways, it's your railjack, you do as you please with the colors and skins. Though if you want a preference from me, go get the Sungem skin. It has that cool slick look.

The proximias you will be going to first
You have Earth, Saturn, and Veil to start out with. Earth doesn't require any intrinsics, Saturn requires a rank 2, Veil requires a rank 7. I'll be getting to recommended intrinsics in a bit. For now, let's go into each of the proximias.

Earth: Your start for the railjack storyline. You progress here, you get your MK1 gear, you're good. You can solo here pretty good if you're an expert, have good weapons, so on and so forth. Basically, help your fellow tenno out for getting their railjacks ready for space by getting them here! Or just chill in the free flight zone, watch movies, or watch devstreams from in this zone! It's a comfy space, so why not?

Saturn: Tough bois come in here. Beautiful view post-mission tho. Definitely come here for good avionics/MK2 gear.

Veil: Ah yes... the veil. The mysterious sector. Here you will encounter harder than ever-before enemies and fighters. Be on your guard here. And be sure to check out the mysterious blinking red signal... there's something waiting for you there... You will need a intrinistic level 7 (AT LEAST ONE) to enter if you're hosting. Someone can taxi you here (And saturn too), but in order to host in the veil, you need an intrinisic level 7 for here. Speaking of intrinsics.

Intrinsics, your skills for Empyrean.
In this section, we will be talking about the most important section of all: Intrinsics. These are your saving grace for most empyrean stuff. But what do I recommend you get or start out in? Here's the order that I recommend you go in.
Tactical for your tactical menu and recall. Invest ALL you can into this, Join Warp, Recall, and the ability to use other warframe's abilities will help you in the long run, even when Command comes out.
Engineering for faster omni repairing.
Gunnery for Archwing Warhead and the ability to use archwing slingshot, and also for the IMMA FIRIN' MY MEGA LAZAH cannon against those pesky crewships.
Piloting for TOKYO DRIFTING
Each of these skills will help you out in the heat of battle. When command comes out, I suggest investing your points in THAT category too, as you will need it, and you'll want as MANY Kuva Liches as you can carry. Converted, I mean. So stop whining about Kuva Liches and convert a ARMY, cause you'll need a big crew for Empyrean and it's expansion that comes out next year.

Weapons, what I recommend
Your only line of defense between you and the enemies are your weapons. Get the cold weapons first, they are a saving grace against Ramsleds and crewships. As for mark... start out with what you get, then go straight for MK 3 when you're able to.

Closing note
As I conclude this long guide, I hope to see you all out in space and fighting those pesky grineer, and getting ready to fight in The New War. But wait... am I forgetting something? That's right, Avionics!

Avionics and you

Avionics are your mods for Railjack. The ones I recommend getting are: Particle Ram, Void Cloak (Only available in the veil as I learned the hard way), Bulkhead (Any house will do, but get Zekiti), Conic Nozzle (Again, Zekiti house buff is good), and lastly, ANY TURRET AVIONIC THAT INCREASES DAMAGE.

Closing note for real
As I close out this long guide for real, please remember these 4 important tips:
1. Get a good crew. A good crew will help you, even in the Veil.
2. ALWAYS go back to the drydock to restock, you will not automatically restock upon zipping to another mission.
3. ALWAYS refine before you go to another mission/back to the drydock. Auto refine is not a feature yet.
4. Turn off Warframe's music, and put on some awesome music like Press Start Together from DAGames, Build our Machine from the same guy, Scatman's World by... just guess, or whatever you prefer. If you like Warframe's music track, then by all means, do what you will with the music.
I hope to see you space pirate ninjas out in space, fighting the grineer, and wish you luck on your grind! If you have any questions, either let me know in game or here! Happy hijacking, tenno!

Edited by Stickman949
One more good tip.

One more thing I forgot to mention: YOU DON'T NEED A RAILJACK TO DO EMPYEREAN IF YOU WANT TO GO PUBLIC. ALL YOU NEED IS AN ARCHWING. IF YOU WANT TO HOST, IF YOU WANT TO PILOT YOUR OWN SHIP, YOU NEED TO BUILD YOUR RAILJACK WHICH WILL TAKE 3 DAYS, AND A CRAP TON OF GRINDING, BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT, TRUST ME. I DIDN'T MAKE THIS GUIDE JUST BECAUSE I THOUGHT THE GRIND WASN'T WORTH IT.