Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Mods

gaurdianaq

Imo serration>point strike>=vital sense>piercing hit>split chamber>hammer shot>shred>=speed trigger>other elements

Tho I put Serration>Split Chamber. With Shred and Speed trigger it would be mission type and faction type based for example Shred would be beter than Speed trigger on maps like Xini and Infested Mobile Def. Ofc

Edit: Typo's

Edited by TxVirus

I find Point Strike better than Serration when you're ranking it up and can't fit both; it's more consistent and I think the DPS increase is the same or better (don't feel like doing the math right now).

I think more damage per shot is more important than fire rate, as it'll let you chew through less ammo. Shred is also a great mod; the penetration lets you multiply your efficeincy by hitting multiple targets, and the little bit of fire rate helps, while still letting you fire in near semi-auto or in small bursts to conserve ammo, like Kaian said.

Hammer shot, point strike, vital sense for max crit.

Split chamber, serration, and shred. Shred gives you an adequate ROF bonus and the puncture is actually incredibly useful.

That leaves you with 2 slots. Usually, armor piercing is a good one to have, plus another elemental depending on the faction you're fighting.

Soma doesn't really need elementals.

Imo serration>point strike>=vital sense>piercing hit>split chamber>hammer shot>shred>=speed trigger>other elements

No. No-no-no.

Point strike is much more important because of low base damage and no AP ability.

Cryo is mandatory due to low ability to destroy shields.

So. Point strike>Piercing hit>Serration>Vital Sense>Split Chamber>Cryo Rounds>Shred>whatever element you wish to install/ammo mutation

I use Serration>Vital Sense>Point strike>Split Chamber> Cryo Rounds>Piercing Hit>Elem (fire for infestation, electricity for corpus, armor pen for grineer). 

I don't know if it's good but it's working well atm !

Ehem... did I miss something?

Edited by MECT0HET

So I'm wondering what's more valuable on the soma, fire rate/reload speed or should I stick more elemental mods on?

Currently I have crit chance, crit damage, serration, rifle ammo mutation and piercing hit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlWVt6vp3-YWdHZJRTBvRTBrNGNrb3dNbEZsc0tZVHc#gid=0

see mod stat section on first tab (beginning on column AE).  These are set up for overall usage.  If you have a particular faction in mind, you can download a copy and change things around.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

the last is cyro round imo, great effect. With shred we dont need any more speed////.

Ammo mutation is only for solo, with a team, even lv 100 mod, dont need it.

Serration, Split Chamber, Vital Sense / Hammer Shot and Point Strike to maximize base damage and crits. Then Piercing Hit for heavy armor, Cryo Rounds for shields and slowing down your targets then Shred / Metal Auger to shoot through.

I usually stay away from firerate mods for the Soma simply because, like Kaian mentionned, I like to use it as a semi-auto rifle with a high magazine count with the option to go full auto on heavier mobs.

Also, in order to equip all that, you'll probably need to forma the weapon a few times. If you're running short on CP, try to use an unranked Cryo Rounds (the slow effect will still trigger and the crit damage will compensate) or low rank Shred so that you can at least shoot through thin materials and at least one enemy.

Also, with most primary or secondary weapons I tend to find useful, I usually use forma to have at least two "V" polarities.

No. No-no-no.

Point strike is much more important because of low base damage and no AP ability.

So. Point strike>Piercing hit>Serration>Vital Sense>Split Chamber>Cryo Rounds>Shred>whatever element you wish to install/ammo mutation

I intended to disagree but turns out you're right, at least once the weapon has at least 18 points available. If you can only equip Serration OR Point Strike, then Serration is better.

No Mods
0,65 + 0,35 * 3 = 1,7 
1,7 * 10 = 17

Critical damage increases Soma's average base damage of 10 by 70% giving Soma an average 17 damage per shot.

Point Strike
0,125 + 0,875 * 3 = 2,75
2,75 * 10 = 27,5

61,2% additional damage for 9 points, 6,9% damage increase per point spent.

Serration
0,65 + 0,35 * 3 = 1,7
1,7 * 26,5 = 45,05

165% additional damage for 14 points, 11,8% damage increase per point spent.

Serration gives you nearly twice more damage per point spent than Point Strike.

However, Point Strike + Vital Sense gives more damage per point than Serration

Point Strike + Vital Sense
0,125 + 0,875 * 6,6 = 5,9
5,9 * 10 = 59

247% damage increase for 18 points,  13,7% damage increase per point spent.

There is no such "low ability".

Crtical hits function 100% normally against shields.

Very little has enough shields to make Cryo Rounds better than a Bane when going up against a specific faction. I normally only slot Cryo for void missions, where shields are both common, and all factions are present.