Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just starting up again

Gunnberg3

Question

Hey all. 

I just started playing again and I absolutely love this game. Played it when it first came out but found the game to be not so explaining what you actually can do in the game. 

Ive read a little bit about farming and crafting but still there is so much I dont understand. 

What is the easiest way to really get in to the games crafting and farming. How do I know where to find materials and what materials to get? 

Regards, Christian 

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Gunnberg3 said:

found the game to be not so explaining what you actually can do

Yeah that hasn't changed a whole lot, heh.
If anything, it's worse now since there's so much added content since then 😛

How do I know where to find materials and what materials to get?

You get some Blueprints via e.g. the Market / Clan Research (BTW join a Clan),
take a look at what resources you need to craft them, then, to help choose a farming spot,
you check those resources against the resource info circle thingie when zoomed in on a planet in Navigation.

For more elusive resources and stuff, you can also usually ask in Region Chat "where X" and a bot will answer.

Plus not least, the Wiki is a treasure trove of detailed information, definitely make use of it:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

still there is so much I dont understand

Well, any specific questions, feel free to ask 🙂

Welcome home, Tenno.

Edited by NinjaZeku

2 hours ago, Gunnberg3 said:

How do I know where to find materials and what materials to get? 

My favorite resource is the Warframe Wiki and forums to find resources and where to get them. Although the codex in your ship can be helpful sometimes for enemies yet not so exact in where to find them. 

Honestly the game can be a bit overwhelming at first heck I've been playing a year and still have so much to do. I found when I first started that having friends who have always played really helped so maybe try to find a good clan to join. It also helped for me to make finishing all the quests my main priority as it teaches you a lot about the game. There is a lot to do in Warframe so it's up to you what you want to make priority. Also side note- make sure to level up all weapons completely because it gives you mastery rank( I sold some of my weapons when I first started and had to re-level them lol). Anyways good luck and always feel free to ask any questions. :)