Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Archwing flight controls/abilities

(PSN)AxelTheWicked

I haven’t played in a few weeks, so I was surprised (and somewhat irritated) by the new flight controls for the archwings. I liked the extra speed boost you could use while in flight, but that’s now gone. I was especially disappointed to learn that Itzal’s teleport ability had been replaced with some kind of grappling hook! Seriously?! The teleport ability was awesome! Why take that away?! 

Edited by (PS4)AxelTheWicked

You still have the speed boost, but you activate it differently. Holding forward and sprint will trigger the afterburner speed.

The Teleport is now on ALL Archwings, tied to the forward-dodge. It has a brief cooldown, but is now completely free, and goes twice the distance in one jump as well.

When DE said they were going to give all archwings blink skill, I thought great, Itzal will stay as is, and all the other archwings will now have blink too, making them  more popular.
If only.
I dont think blink being free (using no energy) on archwings makes up for itzal losing its (old) blink skill.
I thought the idea was to bring less favourable pieces of gear up to the standard of the most used, not to downgrade that standard to something less satisfactory for the sake of uniformity or conformity.
Fine, give all archwings blink, so they have, in effect, 5 skills, and leave Itzal as its always been (4 skills)