Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Started A New Account For The Lulz....

SniffYoBunnies

Id like to add that the starmap and linear progression fooled me.

It led me to believe that each planet had to be finished in order, to unlock the story and get better.

But there is no story beyond mercury. And everyone cheats by being carried to tier 3 maps planets.

Further more i find it lacking in explaining things like what the void is, and all the terms like T3, stacking, farming,

Costs and builds etc

Like, said above, mercury could explain all of this easily.

Not to mention that Lore is confusing for newbs, if they find it.

And during first missions you get help pop ups on key things like ziplines, what mods look like, what resources look like and other things like that.

The biggest argument for that people will argue is "But random level generation! We can't guarantee a player will encounter X in a run"

To which I could propose this:

- Client-Side has tips enabled by default on a new account.

- Any object that requires interaction/advanced movement has a trigger around it, say a radius of 5-10m. a Blue Circle Glow or something could be used to denote a point of interest.

- This trigger spawns client-side and doesn't do anything for other players/hosts.

- This trigger is hooked up to a switch with the In-Game Tips option. When it's unchecked, these triggers don't spawn around the objects/locations.

- The trigger then has a tip defined for it, allowing the game to bring the correct tip onto the screen.

- if a player has encountered a trigger around each instance where Action commands are required, In-Game Tips are automagically disabled.

Points of Interest:

"Required" wallrunning spots

Deception Datamass

Deception Console

Mods

Ziplines

Laser switches

Containers/Lockers

Capture targets (First Capture I did I chased the guy around expecting to lead him to the pod or something. I didn't realise I had to "kill" him)

These tips don't have to be massively obtrusive, even if they just brought a little command panel onto the screen or got the Lotus to say something, would go miles.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

I don´t think someone with a Conclave of 800-1200 on SEDNA is a complete moron and noob,but I on Mercury with only Pull,Ammo Drum and No Return on me,I had a conclave of 98.And the Excalibur newbie had 57....on the same level as me.

I had 1k but I am still a complete moron that is because I am leeching to level new weapons, and I will only press "dat four !" if someone goes down and needs a revival.

If I may,

Stop judging people by Conclave, For goodness' sake.

^^^

This.

They need to remove Conclave rating from the group equipment window. Plain and Simple. We didn't need to display Conclave Rating to the whole group pre-u10, we don't need it now, and we won't need it. Ever. It only breeds the worst Humanity has to offer in every video game any type of gearscore was ever used in.

I don't really understand what is taking them so long to do this; should be a fairly simple change that could be thrown in a hotfix. Sooner its done, the better.

Edited by Xylia

The biggest argument for that people will argue is "But random level generation! We can't guarantee a player will encounter X in a run"

To which I could propose this:

- Client-Side has tips enabled by default on a new account.

- Any object that requires interaction/advanced movement has a trigger around it, say a radius of 5-10m. a Blue Circle Glow or something could be used to denote a point of interest.

- This trigger spawns client-side and doesn't do anything for other players/hosts.

- This trigger is hooked up to a switch with the In-Game Tips option. When it's unchecked, these triggers don't spawn around the objects/locations.

- The trigger then has a tip defined for it, allowing the game to bring the correct tip onto the screen.

- if a player has encountered a trigger around each instance where Action commands are required, In-Game Tips are automagically disabled.

Points of Interest:

"Required" wallrunning spots

Deception Datamass

Deception Console

Mods

Ziplines

Laser switches

Containers/Lockers

Capture targets (First Capture I did I chased the guy around expecting to lead him to the pod or something. I didn't realise I had to "kill" him)

These tips don't have to be massively obtrusive, even if they just brought a little command panel onto the screen or got the Lotus to say something, would go miles.

I like it.

Why?Because they don´t know they´re suppposed to press X at ziplines.I asked them,and they didnt even know those things existed!

Their only problem is their own stupidity. My first time playing I saw the square on the ground with glowing lights on it and walked over to see what it was, thinking it might be some kind of jump pad or maybe a hatch to a lower floor or something. When I got near it it said "Push X to ride zipline." or something similar, so I did. It took me a grand total of maybe 3 seconds to figure it out. It's not exactly rocket surgery.

Edited by Lachryphage

^^^

This.

They need to remove Conclave rating from the group equipment window. Plain and Simple. We didn't need to display Conclave Rating to the whole group pre-u10, we don't need it now, and we won't need it. Ever. It only breeds the worst Humanity has to offer in every video game any type of gearscore was ever used in.

I don't really understand what is taking them so long to do this; should be a fairly simple change that could be thrown in a hotfix. Sooner its done, the better.

While a good point, that is off topic. The reason it was mentioned is that certain mods are critical to a degree, and the other player's conclave was too low to even have them unranked. While having concalve viewable outside of PvP is highly debatable, having new players get critical mods and those players taught how to use them is not.

Please read the OP fully before posting about your Gearscore hate. OP simply used it as evidence to back up his point.

Their only problem is their own stupidity. My first time playing I saw the square on the ground with glowing lights on it and walked over to see what it was, thinking it might be some kind of jump pad or maybe a hatch to a lower floor or something. When I got near it it said "Push X to ride zipline." or something similar, so I did. It took me a grand total of maybe 3 seconds to figure it out. It's not exactly rocket surgery.

Do not call a player stupid just because they didn't know what to do or weren't curious. they may have thought it was level decoration. Problem solving skills aren't everyone's cup of tea, and progressing through the game shouldn't require them. Finding secret rooms/rewards on the other hand.....

Edited by Magnar21

And the fact that if you're standing at the wrong angle those tooltips are all but invisible?