Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack

(XBOX)oh yess

When using archwing in railjack, the enemy ships are extremely overpowered. One shot from a ship taking people out is just unreal, also even even if you use itzals invisibility cast, the ships still shoot you. The final note is some people like to stay in a mission way to long, there should be an option for squad mates to return to dry dock or something.

Why would it be unreal? You're comparing the firepower of space ships that can rip the hull of other space ships and you want that to not oneshot what is essentially a fighter jet? Ever watched Sci-Fi movies and seen what the alien space ships do to fighter jets? That's right they evaporate them just by looking at them. Archwing is merely a fighter jet support/transport service for troops (away teams) it's not meant to clash with space ships, you have your own space ship for that (The Railjack)

As for the other part I agree there should be some sort of extraction where a person can disembark in archwing after the end of a mission for example and have ordis send the Lander to pick them up back to the orbiter

Edited by EDM774
  • Like 1

this is why the amesha is great since your able to be immune to damage for a certain amount of times an slow them down.
being invsivable seems pointles to guided attacks as using void cloak on the railjack doesnt stop ramsledges from following you as you leave the spot 

once the mission complete reward(s) are shown you are able to leave the mission an keep everything you have earned upto that point

one harsh truth is that everyone wants to be a lone wolf and unrestricted by cooperation. so of course if all archwings had as much utility as the Amesha, even more people would be outside. if arch weapons had as much power as the best railjack weaponry in addition to more archwing survivability, no one would be in the railjack at all.

i do think that archwing should have some amount of survivability in railjack missions and some amount of extra power to promote an archwing fighter pilot role (players should have that option). however, if archwings were consistently powerful they would completely overshadow railjack's gameplay, purpose, and progression. who would want to spend months building a perfect railjack when you can get the most decent archwing gear in days? that is probably the number one reason why people ask for a consistently powerful archwing in railjack in the first place. but this is a mode that is supposed to force teamwork and make players work for whatever extra rewards it offers.

archwing should get a new ability that boosts their stats and power for a limited amount time but can only recharge this ability if it stays within a railjack. this would make every archwing useful for killing enemy fighters but for a short amount of time, forcing players who would normally abandon their squad to eventually return for a recharge and cooperate. it would also give other squad members an more fair opportunity to use their own fully charged archwings.

• 4 weeks later...

Archwings can be used effectively if you really put time and effort into a strategy. I use odanata prime, prisma veritux, imperator vandal. Everything is 🥔'd and the imperator has one forma in it so not much work had to be done there. I only disembark the railjack when a crewship shows up. I don't dog fight on my way to the crewship but will quickly hack up any ship that that chases me for too long. Once in range of the crewship I use asteroids and any other space debris to keep me safe from rockets as a approach the rear of the cruise ship. I use an orbital spiral type of elipse to keep any projectiles from hitting me. It works but it's a moon landing shot. If you don't hit the back of the crewship correctly and get onboard immediately, you'll likely get bean bagged and need to revive yourself real quick. I'm maybe 7/10 on this method.

I use wukong onboard to cloud walk directly to the core, hack blast shield, blast the exposed core, cloud walk back to the rear of the ship. From here I simply defend until three seconds left until meltdown. I do this to avoid the death throes from the crewship cannon. Saturn is doable on any node for me. Provided I have a team, I'm no solo superhero. Soon as the crewship is toast I teleport back onboard the ship. (A skill you get through leveling up intrinsics)