Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Limbo Cataclysm buffer/grace period

ToolboxMotley

One constant frustration with Limbo's Cataclysm is that enemies will freeze as soon as they enter (if Stasis is active), and then exit as soon as the bubble shrinks past them. Thus, they switch in and out of the Rift somewhat rapidly, making it obnoxious to try to hit them from the correct plane. I know that Rift Surge is KIND OF there to solve this, but frankly, that's a very, very clunky ability to use, and you still need to deal with the stationary-Rift-dance in order to actually affect enemies with it, just like with weapons.

So, what I'd like to propose is either a space buffer, or a time buffer. For the former, a small distance outside of the bubble where, only for the sake of Tenno weapons, enemies are considered both in and out of the Rift, allowing them to be damaged from either plane. For the latter, a short period of time in which this dual-plane-state is applied rather than a space around the Cataclysm. The second option could potentially work for all forms of plane-switching rather than just Cataclysm, allowing allies to get kills in if they're on a roll instead of being instantly denied by a Banish-happy Limbo that doesn't necessarily know what they're doing.

(Also, because I must always request it, I so badly want an Augment that lets me freeze my bullets again. ;-; Maybe make it so that frozen projectiles gain the dual-plane-state upon being unfrozen, so you can expend energy and time to damage enemies outside the Rift, if such a thing is needed to appease those who don't know the value of freezing their projectiles straight-up. :P)

I don't know whats so clunky about rift surge. it's very easy to use it to micro manage an area.  My only qualm with his cataclysm is actually with it's augment.  I wish kills not only extended the duration of said bubble but also increased it's size.  As it doesn't matter if I have a 50 second long bubble if it's only going to be the size of a doorway.