Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aim glide Dargyn riven

Agentcheese

Question

Ok. So I just got this new riven off cephalon simarius. Its a sentinel riven, with the following mission. "Kill 4 dargyn pilots before they hit the ground while aim gliding."

Now I understand the basic concept enough, but I don't understand exactly how the game wants me to do it.

Do I have to kill the pilots with my weapons, or do I have to aim glide and let my sentinel get the killing blow? Also I haven't figured out a great way to get a pilot out of a dargyn without killing them.

Or at least very well. It seems to be a random chance whether they survive their dargyn being shot down or not. I feel like I'm missing something here. Hmm..

6 answers to this question

The dargyn pilot doesn't necessarily have to be on the flying thingy to work. Some abilities can be used to float the enemy up so they're "off the ground". If you kill them in that instance it'll register for that challenge. For example find some of those pilots where they're chatting around the ground, use nidus 2 skill and grab them making them "off the ground", aim glide and kill with any weapon you want. Titania also has a skill that can accomplish such feat.

You can skill shot the challenge shooting the dargyn, then as the pilot falls kill it before he lands but thats the hardway to do it i guess. Randomly Mesa 4 on it also works but very rarely works. 

18 minutes ago, DissentManatee said:

The dargyn pilot doesn't necessarily have to be on the flying thingy to work. Some abilities can be used to float the enemy up so they're "off the ground". If you kill them in that instance it'll register for that challenge. For example find some of those pilots where they're chatting around the ground, use nidus 2 skill and grab them making them "off the ground", aim glide and kill with any weapon you want. Titania also has a skill that can accomplish such feat.

You can skill shot the challenge shooting the dargyn, then as the pilot falls kill it before he lands but thats the hardway to do it i guess. Randomly Mesa 4 on it also works but very rarely works. 

Ah ok. I have nidus so I think I will do that cheaty tactic you suggested. And I'm glad to know that you are the one that has to kill the pilots. Not your sentinel.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Sunai_Moonswing:

Another way is to just do low level bounties with mag, magnetize a flying dargyn, with a non punchthrough, multishot weapon kill the dargyn and you should be able to do it. If he's still falling, use mag's 4. It should finish him off before he hits the ground. 

I had problems with opening this riven last week, while before I did it with mag just fine.

why is it important to use a weapon without punch through?

the first time is was the most easy riven to open for me, last week it took super long and most kills didn't register, my clanmate had the same problem. I don't understand what the problem was though.