Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I thought chat was down..

(XBOX)I semideum

Question

My problem is for almost a week now I haven't seen any activity in chat except for friends or clan members. 1st couple days I thought chat was down. Then when I saw clan/friends in chat I thought wth is going on. So I thought chat ban? But if this were the case which not likely, I wouldn't have access to any chat. So I went to wf site to see if I had any strikes. Zero!

As I expected- so wth is this? How to fix? And if your experiencing this speak up..

Ok so I've looked, searched this to no end and have come to dead ends. I've seen forum post on here posted throughout the yrs  with this very same issue, but no answers, no solutions.. so am I just screwed from chatting or trading with non clan-friends?  https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahdnuvj9Gx6dhFnHqnZaDEfvzkYU?e=QeMhPB

Edited by (XB1)I semideum

4 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, (XB1)I semideum said:

So I went to wf site to see if I had any strikes. Zero!

Those might be forum strikes. I don’t know if you can see in-game ones anywhere.

You should check your live subscription. You require that for online interactions. Have you asked your clan/friends about it? If it’s doing the same for them it might just be a temporary issue.

• Your image doesn’t really show anything. This is what you’d expect if the chat was going slow and you were running missions.

6 hours ago, krc473 said:

Those might be forum strikes. I don’t know if you can see in-game ones anywhere.

You should check your live subscription. You require that for online interactions. Have you asked your clan/friends about it? If it’s doing the same for them it might just be a temporary issue.

• Your image doesn’t really show anything. This is what you’d expect if the chat was going slow and you were running missions.

The image is while in my orbiter. Live is good- if it wasn't I wouldn't beven able to even play wf or any online game. Also look at time stamps on the post. And yes I've asked everyone if they're experiencing any issues with chat and nobody else is.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)I semideum said:

Also look at time stamps on the post.

All that says is you spent 30 - 40 mins in a mission, went and looked in trade chat and went on another mission. You got back and took the picture. Yes, it seems odd that it could happen like that, but certainly not impossible. I don't doubt what you are saying is true though.

Here is a thread with what seems like a similar issue: Link I will spoiler the relevant bit. Basically, check your privacy settings in XBLive.

Spoiler

[UPDATE: If anyone finds this thread in a similar situation, check your Xbox privacy settings. I must have made a change after someone kept inviting me on Call of Duty or something because I set a toggle which stopped people not on my actual friends list from sending messages or invites. That's usually a great thing to have on, but when you play Warframe, the chat gets the same consideration and all of it gets blocked!]

On 2020-01-04 at 1:22 AM, krc473 said:

All that says is you spent 30 - 40 mins in a mission, went and looked in trade chat and went on another mission. You got back and took the picture. Yes, it seems odd that it could happen like that, but certainly not impossible. I don't doubt what you are saying is true though.

Here is a thread with what seems like a similar issue: Link I will spoiler the relevant bit. Basically, check your privacy settings in XBLive.

Reveal hidden contents

[UPDATE: If anyone finds this thread in a similar situation, check your Xbox privacy settings. I must have made a change after someone kept inviting me on Call of Duty or something because I set a toggle which stopped people not on my actual friends list from sending messages or invites. That's usually a great thing to have on, but when you play Warframe, the chat gets the same consideration and all of it gets blocked!]

Yeah chat don't work like that tho, unless this was the only person posting period. But hopefully that day never comes..however I came here to post that I had figured it out. It was xb live settings.. figured it out earlier today when I created another account and everything worked as it should.

So thank you as well for the link..