Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Drop Chance Booster hurts you more than it helps

(XBOX)DA ZACHYZACHY

The mod drop chance booster has many glaring issues.

For one it reduces our chances of getting what most would say a worth while booster - such as a credit booster or resource booster.

It also reduces our chances of getting specific things we may want, like relics for example. Please DE, explain why I would want a higher chance at getting Magazine Warp when I’m trying to get relics on Xini? 

Thirdly, it’s totally random if we get it or not. Should I just not do sorties when it comes up, as I may have a chance to cripple mine, and my squad mates relic farming for three days against my will?

The only real reason you may want it is if your going for Shell Shock, or other hard to get mods. But how often does most of the community try to run Naeglar? Never. Haven’t seen anyone else run it, nor anyone ask in recruiting. It just lowers its play value, doesn’t make running it any more rewarding.

I know why DE added this, it’s to reduce the resource boosters they give out for free. That along with the loot nerf was meant to promote people to buy the boosters more.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)DA ZACHYZACHY said:

For one it reduces our chances of getting what most would say a worth while booster - such as a credit booster or resource booster.

Mod drop chance booster replaced the credit booster in sorties, as credit is way to easy to get in the first place.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)DA ZACHYZACHY said:

That along with the loot nerf was meant to promote people to buy the boosters more.

That nerf was reverted due to backlash. Synergy is active.

I'm fairly sure that it doesn't affect mission rewards, it only affects drops from enemies so it has no affect on Relic farming on Xini.  As to whether or not it's more or less valuable than the credit booster it replaced, that's subjective.  Even after the cost of building a Railjack I still feel comfortable with the amount of credits I have while a mod drop chance booster has helped me gain a few Avionics and even the duplicates it got me have helped me with Dirac.  I've also gained a few Sentient dropped mods and Jupiter secret lab mods that I might not use but it's filled a gap in my collection.  Also, it directly replaced the Credit Booster in the Sortie reward table and didn't affect the chance of getting a resource drop chance booster so your last line is completely wrong.

With the exception of Credit Boosters and the Index mission rewards, no booster affects your mission rewards.

The mod drop booster does NOT reduce your chance to receive a relic from a survival rotation for example.

Also the loot nerf you mentioned was reverted quite a while back