Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frustrated Kuva Lich Thread

Diedact

I know it's far too late for this, but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't at least try to voice a way I believe kuva Liches could be far better.

The murmur system? It's absolute trash and really it's not even the RNG. Kuva Lich missions are repackaged modes with higher level enemies. I think there is some level of joy from doing these again and having the game give me a bit of a harder kick. My problem is with the missions almost total distance from the Lich itself. The Lich is just a footnote on the content. The feeling of putting them down is fantastic but that can be after 2-3 hours where you only hear a peep from them 6 odd times. It's "hey he showed up, have 6 seconds have a fight oh look he broke my spine moving on."

It's almost completely unreasonable but I'd rather have a focused campaign against your Lich. A lot like a sortie actually and to give the Lich some longevity make it 4x as long. You create your Lich having him take over 4 planets and you do them in order each as a "sortie" where you do three random missions and then you move on to the next planet they control. They taunt you along the way, let's say one of them is a spy mission and after hacking a vault they say "hey that was mine!" Just have them involved in some way, use the monologue as a way to keep the Lich engaged in what's going on. Your Liches personality is easily the strongest part of this content update and not using it to it's potential is a horrendous waste. I want to stick it to my Lich, ground the campaign in removing their control of these holdings. As a personal touch I'd like to say ALWAYS make the third mission an assault similar to Koro, Kuva Fortress. Make it very clear that you succeeded at taking something away from your Lich. After you've completed all 4 campaigns (12 whole missions) you get to fight your Lich for the final time.

As a footnote I would increase Lich spawns the farther along you go in the campaign because you're pressuring your Lich. They know they need to counterattack and if they actually kill you (without any of this command grab nonsense) maybe... no. I would like to keep that as an open question to the community on what the Lich looks to gain if they kill you.

Multiplayer component for final fight? Admittedly unclear, maybe it could be as simple as the last planet you take away from the Lich have a unique mode where you fight any and all Kuva Liches so long as your team 1.) has a Lich 2.) it's on that same planet. 3.) reward players for sticking around to help their team with their Lich. Maybe 1k kuva for each they assist with.

That being said I don't expact an overhaul of the Lich system so here's something hopefully more helpful.

• The 5% thrall requiem relic drop rate removed any reason to play Kuva Floods/Siphons. Make it where the playing these missions angers your Lich more than doing a simple territory mission. The hour they reset in will probably be over by the time you complete the last one, possibly cap this anger bonus to 6 times a day. So one full 'set' of siphons.
  • Bottom out the initial Lich spawn chance, but increase the rate at which they became angry.
  • Their anger resetting after every time you fight them is easily the worst feeling in the entire kuva lich system, that needs to go.
  • To go along with the two immediately above, you'll probably need to cap that so it admittedly doesn't get too insane.
  • This one is actually in contrast to the immediate 3 above and I don't recommend both at the same time. Remove getting 10 murmurs from your Lich after you fight them BUT get 2 murmurs every time you fight ANY Lich. Maybe keep the way it is now for explicitly when you're in solo mode.

The biggest problem is simply that the content feels rotten because it's about fighting your Kuva Lich. And it is deeply unsatisfying to just wait around on it for such an extensive period of time with little to no return. I kill a Kuva Lich after 2-3 hours of straight WAITING punctuated by brief moments of hearing my spine crack. I don't feel rewarded. Not even remotely.

A lot of people complain about the RNG on Liches not just with their spawn but with the rewards. While I'm at it might as well sink my teeth into it.

• The % element on weapons is broken. Getting to roll that every 2-3 hours or likely just once a day for most people is... unbearable. Have the % scale upwards instead. For example the minimum is 25% have your kuva weapon, and this would apply to each kuva weapon individually possibly even by element as well, be able to roll from 25%-30%. Kill your Kuva Lich, get the weapon. Spawn another Kuva Lich with the same weapon and roll from 28%-33% with increasing values of 3% each time.
  • With the above I'd remove the restriction on not being able to spawn the same weapon twice in a row.
  • That keeps your grind, that keeps people playing if the Lich spawning is improved. And you feel yourself making progress which is the entire point of grindframe. Can you max this out? Absolutely. But what you have right now is such insanely aggravating unrewarding garbage that people are paying money to NOT PLAY YOUR GAME.
Edited by Diedact
  • Like 3

I'd just like to say that after 24 liches, I still have yet to see a Kuva Twin Stubba. My riven is collecting dust, and my patience is wearing thin.

It better not be a 25% damage one, if I ever get one that is.

Edited by Traumtulpe

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I'd just like to say that after 24 liches, I still have yet to see a Kuva Twin Stubba. My riven is collecting dust, and my patience is wearing thin.

I'd better not be a 25% damage one, if I ever get one that is.

Sounds like you're problem is more that DE hasn't included a system to nudge your chances in some fashion towards a specific weapon or at least omitting a few. The argument of whether a slowly increasing base value is better than pure RNG isn't worth arguing if you haven't rolled that chance once.

Still though thank you for your opinion! I'm at least hoping for moderate changes 🙂