Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Help

(PSN)GOTWIC

Question

Hello

I was doing a tridolon when I realized my damage from my lanka was greatly reduced. Before this, the last time I did tridolons was about 2 months ago. I use a chroma with 704% fury buff, a no riven lanka, and nothing else (no buffs like void strike, cat's eye, volt shields etc.). Before (2 months ago) I did roughly 130,000 damage with a 3.0x combo multiplier and vex armour. Although the damage DID vary tridolon to tridolon (even with the same setup every time), it was always enough to one shot the limbs if I had my max fury buff (704%) and a minimum of a 2.5x combo mulitplier. Today, when I tried the same thing, I was doing roughly 25% of my previous damage. It wasn't even close to one shotting the limbs, and took 3-5 shots, which coming froma lanka, take too long.

All damage (like the 130,000 damage) is yellow crit, sometimes orange crit but that is not important here so I did not include it.

I checked recent patch notes with the arrival of rising tide and emperyean, to make sure wether tridolon limb health/armour was increased or lanka/chroma was nerfed, but I couldn't find anything. No dragon key equipped or anything.

I can write down my build of my lanka or chroma if needed.

Here is two videos the first being before and the second being after.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/503540781      -    doing 130k damage 2 months ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/531162796      -    doing only 40k damage now (go to the time: 32 minutes and 45 seconds for an example)

Please help, I tried everything but my damage stays the same. Its infuriating because I used to be able to do 4x3's 2 months ago but today I was just barley able to do a single tridolon.  

All help or advice is appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Edited by (PS4)GOT_WIC

10 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, taiiat said:

is the Armor of the Eidolon sometimes weakened, and other times not? are there other Players in the Session sometimes that perhaps weakened Armor without your knowledge?

I think you might be right. People I play with usually don't have a sarpa or some other armour reducing weapon. However, corrosive projection was used every time. This time there was only 1 corrosive projection (checked the replay). When I usually do tridolons, there's 3 corrosive projections.

Thanks alot, I think you solved the problem!

6 hours ago, (PS4)GOT_WIC said:

I think you might be right. People I play with usually don't have a sarpa or some other armour reducing weapon. However, corrosive projection was used every time. This time there was only 1 corrosive projection (checked the replay). When I usually do tridolons, there's 3 corrosive projections.

Thanks alot, I think you solved the problem!

Hi, for PS4/xBox build, DE has fixed eidolon taking more damage as intended in November, so it's normal for you to do less damage to eidolon now.

see: "Fixed Teralysts (and other boss enemies) taking more damage to weak points than they should be."

side note: It has nothing to do with corrosive projections or armor strips.

On 2020-01-05 at 10:46 PM, SHArK-FiN said:

Hi, for PS4/xBox build, DE has fixed eidolon taking more damage as intended in November, so it's normal for you to do less damage to eidolon now.

Do you happen to know how much its health or whatever was buffed by any chance? Thanks!

32 minutes ago, (PS4)GOT_WIC said:

So I am doing 10-15% of my original damage now? Thats insane, how are people one shotting now even with a riven hehe. 

It's possible with red crit, but still, 2~3 shots are average now.

Many prefer using rubico prime with riven having one of the attributes +fire rate% because of this. Not only could the rubico reach 100x+ combo within one second but also able to shoot down limbs in the blink of an eye.  Hitting the eidolon before it gets up help.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

10 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

It's possible with red crit, but still, 2~3 shots are average now.

Many prefer using rubico prime with riven having one of the attributes +fire rate% because of this. Not only could the rubico reach 100x+ combo within one second but also able to shoot down limbs in the blink of an eye.  Hitting the eidolon before it gets up help.

100x combo??? 

I guess im gonna have to look into the rubico now. My problem with it is that it has a terrible combo counter decay time

Edited by (PS4)GOT_WIC