Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where does one post questions for Prime Time/Devstream?

Valkyr-Umbra

Question

7 answers to this question

If it is a question for the dev team there is a thread that gets posted a few days before the stream in the Live stream section of the forums that is where you can ask.

They also have prime stream threads but they are less likely to answer a question in Prime since they aren't the dev team.

I'm curious if they've considered (or would consider) making the rolling Riven's less random. Currently, one can spend hundreds of hours farming kuva and not roll a perfect riven, this leads to absurd prices (thousands of plat, potentially hundreds of IRL dollars for rivens with certain rolls). It makes sense that the system should be grindy, Rivens are an endgame for many, but, for example, perhaps we could spend 50k kuva (or some arbitrarily large number) to lock in a single stat? That way putting in a large number of hours would give a more solid guarantee of a good riven, it'd be less like gambling. 

5 minutes ago, Valkyr-Umbra said:

I'm curious if they've considered (or would consider) making the rolling Riven's less random. Currently, one can spend hundreds of hours farming kuva and not roll a perfect riven, this leads to absurd prices (thousands of plat, potentially hundreds of IRL dollars for rivens with certain rolls). It makes sense that the system should be grindy, Rivens are an endgame for many, but, for example, perhaps we could spend 50k kuva (or some arbitrarily large number) to lock in a single stat? That way putting in a large number of hours would give a more solid guarantee of a good riven, it'd be less like gambling. 

Tbh I highly doubt they'll change anything about the riven RNG. The plat must flow. DE is making insane amounts of money from plat sales.

2 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Tbh I highly doubt they'll change anything about the riven RNG. The plat must flow. DE is making insane amounts of money from plat sales.

Thats pretty much where I figure their heads are at, but I'd kinda like to hear them address the question in a dev stream.

Edited by Valkyr-Umbra

1 hour ago, Valkyr-Umbra said:

Thats pretty much where I figure their heads are at, but I'd kinda like to hear them address the question in a dev stream.

I mean, it never hurts to ask.

While I don’t see DE making it fully non rng, I definitely would like a similar proposition to the one you suggested. 

Atm; There’s way too many rng elements to roll the type of riven you want. Still waiting for my -zoom with good roll riven for my vectis.