Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb Vallis Lag

Gamer_Auto

So, I'm scared of doing the Profit Taker Nightwave mission. Not only because Profit Taker is a challenge, but because I have a hard time going into the Vallis.

For whatever reason, every single time I got out into the Vallis, I start lagging HARD. Then it'll be smooth for a while, then randomly lag out again. Here are my current specs. If anyone has a tempfix until I can get something a bit beefier, please let me know.

Spoiler

Processor: Intel i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX: 12
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 720
GPU Memory: 5056 MB
Display Memory (VRAM): 984 MB

Upgrading the PC is probably the best way to reduce it. Technically, you do meet the minimum requirements. I would start with the GPU though.

I find that OV seems to run fairly badly even in a higher end system. Are you experiencing stuttering and the like? I have found the best way to mitigate it is to be host. I lose 30 - 40 FPS for being a client, from around 120 - 140 FPS (higher elsewhere). Lowering your graphics settings could help, or updating drivers. 

11 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Upgrading the PC is probably the best way to reduce it. Technically, you do meet the minimum requirements. I would start with the GPU though.

I find that OV seems to run fairly badly even in a higher end system. Are you experiencing stuttering and the like? I have found the best way to mitigate it is to be host. I lose 30 - 40 FPS for being a client, from around 120 - 140 FPS (higher elsewhere). Lowering your graphics settings could help, or updating drivers. 

It'll struggle to even load properly even when I'm running on Solo Mode. This even happens to a lesser extent in the Plains of Eidolon. I want to say that this is the game's fault, but I'm thinking that it's more than likely a problem with my VRAM.