Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additional "Mouse Thumb Button as Esc memu"

Kettygon

I've been using "Mouse Thumb Button as Back" for a while and i love it. It's really convenient not having to stretch my finger pressing "Esc" button (i'm lazy af). It would be nice if the option also works for open the "Esc" menu since it feels weird having to "Esc" and then "MB4" to open/close it.

2 hours ago, Kettygon said:

It would be nice if the option also works for open the "Esc" menu

More freedom in customizing our controls is always something I'll get behind.

But FWIW, I think you can do that now, via macros - just set an Escape button function to your Mouse button, done 😄

I remember macro use (for stuff outside of AFK farming) having been deemed okay by DE in the past, but no guarantees from my side on not getting banned lol.

I'm using macros for all of my 1500+ hours. Feel free to bind Esc to the thumb button. Heck! I've unbound Caps Lock from my keyboard and placed another "H" there (calling Archwing with it). An extra key that's much easier to reach.

As long as you're not automating several combat actions at once, it's fine. And should be fine.

There's also people with accessibility issues who need to use macros to play. You won't get banned. Would be another outrage if it gets heard of.