Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Today I Am So Ashamed To Be A Guy...

Vitras

(i apologize that this is kinda long but i think it's worth it.. i still feel so bad)

So my best friend is a girl. She's an abstinent kind of girl, no naughty stuff and everything, nice, sweet, really great..

We were working a bake sale booth with a couple of other guys (fundraising for school stuff) and some people came along to buy a couple of snacks. One of the guys purposely dropped the money on the floor when he handed it to her and she bent over to pick it up. I realized that the two guys made sure to do that so they could check her out and try to look down her clothes (shirt and pants) when she did that.

I told her that happened a few minutes later when we went to go wash dishes. She was so shocked and mad they did something so low, she barely ever gets genuinely angry. So we went back and they were all "we were looking all over for you." As soon as she was back behind the table, one of the guys was trying to stand behind her (the table was close to the wall) and the other was going to take a picture of it. The good thing was since i alerted her of what they did before, she didn't let him get anywhere near her.

Not even 3 minutes later one of them tried to get her to bend over again and she said yeah right. He was trying to play it off as innocent. I called his bluff and called them both "immature pigs. muddy sloppy pigs." (to me, cussing solves nothing and doesn't offend anyone anymore.)

When we were driving back she told me she felt so degraded. I've never seen her so upset and it actually breaks my heart to think this little girl (she's actually little) was about to cry. And I hate myself because i could have stopped it.

The ironic part of it all was I told her yesterday that I thought those two guys treated girls like dirt; now i wish i wasn't right and it never happened...

I've always had sort of a sexist view on guys. I'm not gay, either, I just know guys very very often use girls as tools.. I need help to cheer her up. I've already ordered a couple of things to give her as gifts but I don't know what else to do.

and this is what happens when you bring something like this, to the internet.

My only advice, don't go all mushy "omg here have this and this and this"  its the flip side and might make her feel uncomfortable.

Find a happy Middle ground.  don't put to much importance on the why, just do something a friend would do for another friend to help cheer them up, ignore the gender part and you should be golden.

To everyone who isn't replying seriously, stop it. If you were interested you'd have a real reply.

and as much as i agree that those guys were pigs i can say that this kind of behaviour doesnt only apply to guys some girls have the same kind of behaviour toward guys

That's true. But in my eyes it's worse for girls with so much sexual attention with society and media. But that's a different subject.

and this is what happens when you bring something like this, to the internet.

My only advice, don't go all mushy "omg here have this and this and this"  its the flip side and might make her feel uncomfortable.

Find a happy Middle ground.  don't put to much importance on the why, just do something a friend would do for another friend to help cheer them up, ignore the gender part and you should be golden.

I understand what it might seem like, but it's been like that between us for a while. She's genuinely happy when I give her things, and I never let gender be an issue between us (we share a lot, not weird to us). I just don't know if there's something certain I should do. What happened had a big impact on her, mostly because she grew up with those two guys (small town) and they tricked her.

And thank you two for giving a real reply.

She's crying from only that?  I think the last time I met someone that innocent was in grade school.

Damn, now I'm depressed.

It's one of the things I think is great about her. I'm sick of everything about sex and I'm an 18 year old guy. After meeting her I honestly had my faith in my religion restored (whole other story), showing me that innocence being lost is a sad thing. She's a great person, no doubt.

My two cents: get a crap ton of her favorite everything and just shower her in what ever it is. or... ya know... just keep being there for her and being that awesome friend you are.

I'm actually doing that as I type.. Thank you.

Damn, dude, I feel you. No, I just really feel you. You have my respect.

At the same time, I'm not sure if forum is the right place for such kind of stuff. No, of course, off-topic section and stuff, it's just... forums. I don't know what must happen to me to make me post things like this in public. After all, it is the internet which is the place for all kinds of arrogances and sicknesses. Well, my opinion...

Edited by Dansilent

Damn, dude, I feel you. No, I just really feel you. You have my respect.

At the same time, I'm not sure if forum is the right place for such kind of stuff. No, of course, off-topic section and stuff, it's just... forums. I don't know what must happen to me to make me post things like this in public. After all, it is the internet which is the place for all kinds of arrogances and sicknesses. Well, my opinion...

Thank you, it's nice to hear that.

I know, I was expecting a lot worse than what I've gotten so far. I just wanted to keep it anonymous just in case.

Love will save you from your misery, then tie you to the bloody post.

Even though I'm not sure if you're just trolling, that can be so true. But i think it's always better to risk your feelings and get hurt than not try at all. And I've already tried a few times. No regrets.

Sound like some real pieces of S#&$.

They'll probably end up as $&*^heads that no girl wants when school is over. That's what happened to most of those types after I finished high school

I'm obviously a different type of guy than you, I would have just given one a straight right and be done with it.

Edited by Nugget_

Dayum... where do you live? Umm don't answer that if you don't want to. 
There're a couple of people I know that are that innocent, but then again, I'm in downunder. 

That aside, that is kind of bad. Like the other guy said, don't overcompensate. Just be regular nice and try to get her to forget about it. 

Sound like some real pieces of S#&$.

They'll probably end up as $&*^heads that no girl wants when school is over. That's what happened to most of those types when I was in highschool.

I'm obviously a different type of guy than you, I would have just given one a straight right and be done with it.

They are.

I'm pretty sure they act different around them. I know the one that has a girlfriend just uses her.

If i were my old self I'd have climbed over the table and smashed his head in the trophy case.. But my friend had me realize fighting is pointless in situations like that a long time ago. You can only hope they finally see what they've done; that's real punishment.

Dayum... where do you live? Umm don't answer that if you don't want to. 

There're a couple of people I know that are that innocent, but then again, I'm in downunder. 

That aside, that is kind of bad. Like the other guy said, don't overcompensate. Just be regular nice and try to get her to forget about it. 

In a town of less than 500 people.. Tiny town.

I was already going to get her some things for a different reason so it's the same either way i guess. And I'm trying my best to always be there for her, cause she's always there for me and has saved my skin so many times.

That's Terrible and all, but why is this even on the forums?

It's off-topic. And i needed an anonymous vent. -> Forums

(I didn't mean for that to be taken offensively)

Edited by Vitras

They are.

I'm pretty sure they act different around them. I know the one that has a girlfriend just uses her.

If i were my old self I'd have climbed over the table and smashed his head in the trophy case.. But my friend had me realize fighting is pointless in situations like that a long time ago. You can only hope they finally see what they've done; that's real punishment.

Understandable if you're trying to not be violent.

Honestly, though, these types of guys don't respond to any words. You can call them pigs or tell them to F*** off all you like, they never respond. They just laugh it off.

Again, I'm just a different type of guy, but in those types of situations, I say giving them a few solid hits is all it takes.

Especially if they do that sort of thing again.