Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding hidden parts from bosses for longevity

Looking at bosses, I think that they're just being there without any incentive to come back to them, making them simply one and done and people go back to their "content drought" chanting.

I think, having some exclusive drops such as Seer from Captain Vor, Miter from Captain Vor & Sargas Ruk is a good step for making players go back to play it so why not having more hidden weapons for bosses?

For example, here are some things that can be a thing to get

General Sargas Ruk (Saturn) : Parts for his arm cannon (flamethrower/incendiary grenade launcher)

Hyena Pack/Ambulas : Parts for modular MOA

Profit-Taker Orb & Exploiter Orb : Scraps from their corpse to refine as new kitgun parts with their own theme (Ice themed kitgun from Exploiter Orb, why not?)

Raptor (Europa) : Parts for a new sentinel or robotics and sentinel weapons

Make them not available for buy in the market, simply put them on codex or any place that makes people notice them but don't let them buy, making bosses compelling to come back to for those drops. Perhaps buff them a bit to make them not too easy to kill and farm.

Here are some of my ideas for giving incentives to go back to bosses

Regards,

One of your players

^This basically, DE would either have to make the drops insanely low, which would only prolong the increased revists or completely turn people off of farming for something with a retardedly low drop rate. DE would have to continually add things to a boss for them to be worthwhile would only serve to dilute their drop table making it harder to get what you want and theres only so much stuff you can put in a drops for a single mission.

3 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

How would this not suffer from the 'one and done' issue?  Sure you might see an activity spike the day of release but then it'd just go back to how it is now.

For the modular parts, I believe it can add some longevity for players that like to try combinations but for the rest, it's either one and done at the cost of longevity or RNG all over again like other games at the cost of insane grind for the best roll like the hunt for Vidar reactor.

Honestly, I can't find a way to increase longevity without relying on insanely low drop rate or massive RNG yet so perhaps you got some way for that?