Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Pillars Poem/haiku Thread

DJ_Redwire

Hey guys, so I was sitting my creative writing class the other day when we were discussing poetry, particularly haiku's and my mind wandered to Warframe. I started to recall some of the 'poetry' that is used in different portions of the game, like the message on the in-game chat that loads up when you open it. So I thought hey, why not write something in regards to Warframe just for kicks? My first thought went to something along the lines of a saying or set of sayings that could be followed as some sort of code by the Tenno. This is what I came up with.

Unity of Form

Vitality of Spirit

Serenity of Mind

From there I thought about maybe something more like traditional poetic forms with a rhyme scheme, pentameter and so on.

I fear no evil, I face no withdrawal,

A weapon I am, the end all be all.

Stumble I may, yet never I fall,

For I am Tenno, and I answer the call.

After that, I though I'd go for a by-the-book Haiku form. ie. 17 syllables (5,7,5 respectively) 

Ash jumping higher,

Infested hate burning bright,

End to bitter cold.

So, what the heck is the point of all this nonsense? Well I figured there are lots of creative poets out there in the WF community so why not make a thread for it? Do whatever form of poetry you want and be as long or short as you please. More importantly, come up with something better than all that junk I made up. Shouldn't be hard. Go nuts!

For me, I couldn't write a poem to save my life, I swear! But I do dabble in creative writing and often get good results when I need to put pencil to paper in order to write something a little more substantial like a novel or a lengthy story; I don't do short ones myself, I can't seem to do it. But I wouldn't know where to begin in terms of poetry.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...