Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Amp to build? Help?

Grayscaled

Question

I've just started messing with my operator and Amp and am looking at the different AMP configurations I can build (Quills, not Fortuna). The wiki only helps me guess what I might want to try first. A lot of questions come to mind. My starting school is Madurai.

• Are these Amps used (almost) exclusively for hunting Eidolons, or are they particularly useful in other capacities as well?
  • Does the Prism need to be long-range for Eidolons? Thinking I might like the med-range Shwaak Prism, but obviously I don't know...
  • What type of Brace do I want - more energy, less recharge delay, neither go with crits? Juttni?
  • Are any of the Scaffolds actually useful? Thinking about the Klebrik maybe...

Any help understanding is appreciated - Thanks! 

:redveil:

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

Focus School (Madurai): If you are looking for Eidolon hunting, invest your Madurai focus into the Void Strike ability so you can take down shields.

Amps Exclusive to Eidolons: There is no "exclusive" amp. However, most people use the x27 amp (any Prism, Shraksun Scaffold, Certus Brace) or x77 (any Prism, Propa Scaffold, Certus Brace). If you do not have access to rank 4 of the Vox Solaris syndicate, there is a fallback amp called x23, which just replaces the Certus Brace with the lesser Lohrin Brace.

Prism: Not at all. Pick what suits you best for the situation. If you use the arcane Virtuos Shadow, it might be wiser to use a precise prism like Raplak. If you use Virtuos Strike, it might be better to use an amp that balances critical chance with firerate, like the Klamora Prism (requires rank 4 of Vox Solaris).

Brace: Crits are your friend when Eidolon hunting. Use the Lohrin Brace if you don't have access to Vox Solaris' Certus Brace.

Scaffold Viability: Klebrik takes vomvalyst clearing very seriously. If you are looking for shield damage to the Eidolon, the Shraksun Scaffold or Propa Scaffold (again, Vox Solaris part) will help you greatly here.

Edited by Cephalon_Naiture
  • Like 5

amps are useful for reseting shadow stalker an sentient damage resistances
while in foturna the profit taker can have it weakness shuffled to a differnt one if team doesnt have damage for it
used to open certain doors in the gas city tileset

as naiture said the x23/7 amps do best for ediolon hunts
x meaning any prism of your choice
1-4 is cetus
5-7 is fortuna
Shraksun is has punch through so if your skilled enough on a ediolon a shot up its leg can hit quite afew times
propa takes alot more skill as the orb has a short travel time an a delay on its explosion making it skill requirement much harder as ediolons really really really like to make your shots have to really count.

the crit braces help out alot as you will be wanting to shoot through a volt shield even as operator for the bonus crit damage combine with the braces crit ;3 makes things so much better.
there is small a downside from using a lohrin or certus brace
the certus brace has higher crit but has lower status chance, which on void status makes that green bubble that is a mini magnetize.

madurai's void strike  buffers any damage be in operator or in warframe, so a melee or void blast will waist one of your void strikes.
energy plates can restore operator energy while cloaked, long as your not considered idle.
making you able to constantly charge void strikes.

you will want to make a amp with every prism as the prisms give you the mastery from them, an so can make cheap mastery fodder amps.

• Like 1

Check out https://semlar.com/ampcalc/ it'll give you stats on built amps after gilding. My rule of thumb for remembering what parts do that I read somewhere (probably the wiki): Prism is Primary fire, Scaffold is Secondary fire and Braces give Bonuses.

I want to point out the "Anspatha" brace from T4 Quills. This is the brace you want for pretty much everything other than Eidolon hunting because it affects your operator energy recharge rate. This is important for endurance runs in settings like arbitrations where you need to stay in void mode to not die and need to void dash often to either apply Magus Lockdown damage and/or use the Vazarin school's void dash modifier to make a defense target/extractor invulnerable every few seconds. In this setting it's usually also recommended to build your amp with a prism/scaffold that can deal self damage so you can teleport back to your warframe rather than calling your warframe to your operator location then having to backtrack. It seems like operators have some huge void damage resistance so slap on a virtuous trojan for protection, kids to convert some of that void to something that will annihilate your space kid for quick teles. This is a bit niche, though. You'll murderate star chart enemies just fine with an x23 or honestly any combination of any parts.

Eidolons seem to have been sufficiently addressed and are really the main time you'll want to care about optimizing your amp - I just want to note that Eidolon shields scale damage inversely proportional to the amp's fire rate so high damage per shot, low shots per second and high crit chance/damage make a good Eidolon hunting amp, a la x27/x23. Virtuous Shadow is considered to be the best arcane enhancement for your amp for eidolon hunting based on maths. You can proc headshots by void dashing into the Eidolon's head. Don't question it, it works! Shwaak prism wReCkS terry.

As someone who hunts regularly, I see you can build only Cetus parts as it states within the first part of your question. Anyway, build the 1/2/3 and the reason I say that is because you can a) get them as rank up rewards literally requiring no further investment except resource farming and b) is the strongest variation of an amp you can get without fortuna parts. 

Neither an X27 or a X77 is better than the other. It will be personal preference for you later on. Try and test builds sure but most importantly RIGHT NOW, just focus on building up your focus school and your standings, dont worry about other factors until you actually get there. 

x-2-7 gets my vote. I used to use x-2-3 before Fortuna was a thing and to be honest x-2-7 is only slightly better, but it is better. 

2-1-2 is a great starter amp. Not very expensive and you can get 2 of the 3 parts as rank up rewards with the Quills. It is not top tier, but it is light years beyond the Mote amp. It's what I had all my Clanmates build while I introduced them to Eidolons and then had them build x-2-3 or x-2-7's depending on how far they were into Fortuna. 

If you can capture a couple Teralysts a night you will be getting Arcanes and decent focus gains. You will need Arcane Nullifiers if you really want to progress past just the Teralyst so hopefully some of those will drop along the way. If you are hunting Teralysts solo I suggest Oberon. I can post a good video that will explain things, if this is what you are trying to get into. Just let me know if you want/need the video. Don't want to junk up the thread otherwise. 

• Like 2

I will skip explaining P-S-B system as above posts already mentioned.

Eidolon-wise:
x-1-1: is good enough for you to start hunting Teralyst
x-2-3: provide decent crit chance and dmg when you have enough standing in the Quills, easy to use
x-2-7: provide more crit chance than x-2-3 when you have enough standing in the Vox Solaris
x-7-7: highest crit chance and damage per shot, but requires a good timing and aiming for landing successful shots, harder to use

Status chance is not effective in eidolon hunt. Prism is generally not used in eidolon hunt because it deals less damage per shot than scaffold. For your reference, I am using 177 right now because 1 has a high damage and accurate per shot so if the scaffold couldn't one-shot a shield, I use the prism as backup. The reason behind regards to the Void Strike charge, which is used to increase void beam damage, but with limited charges. Therefore the charges need to be conserved and managed. The ideal is: max damage per single shot.

All-around-wise:
There is no limitation to what combination your amp is! But I would suggest sticking to x-x-7 for max crit chance.
You could search on youtube about every prism and scaffold in action. The one I found fun to play with in normal mission is the 7-x-x. 

Future content wise:
You might also consider building 6-x-x (flamethrow) or x-3-x (aim-bot) for coming New War content which could help a lot on resetting sentient resistance with ease.

Edited by SHArK-FiN
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

If you are hunting Teralysts solo I suggest Oberon. I can post a good video that will explain things, if this is what you are trying to get into. Just let me know if you want/need the video.

Yes, please provide the link. 

9 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

Future content wise:
You might also consider building 6-x-x (flamethrow) or x-3-x (aim-bot) for coming New War content

Hmmm.... future content - should probably read something about that....

:redveil: